Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Dark City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark City

Just saw this movie the other night on cable. I was surprised. I had caught part of it once before about half way through - it seemed strange and boring then. But after seeing the beginning I got hooked. It is an awesome film, highly suggested.

Thanos

Thanks for the plug Thanos. I'd heard it referred to favorably out on the forum and must seek it out someday soon.

Comment

Cable...

It has been played on cable a few times reletively recently (Over the last few months). If I remember correctly it was either TNT or USA that I caught it on. You might want to check your local listings. No sense in paying for it if it comes to you.

Thanos

Comment

It can also be bought for around $5-6 at Best Buy in the states.

Comment

Rufus Sewell when he was still leading man svelt :)

Comment

What kind of movie is "Dark city"?
            Sweet moons!

Comment

Sort of The Matrix meets Film Noir, or The Truman Show via Kafka. This guy is living in a world where each night things change - the buildings, what jobs people do, who they live with - but some people are beginning to remember the changes. It would spoil it to say much more.

Comment

Wow, sounds very interesting. I'll see if I can get it somewhere.
                Sweet moons!

Comment

a very good film yes !

Comment

Excellent movie, directed by Alex Proyas, who did 'The Crow' and is currently directing Asimov's 'I, Robot'.....great set design, costumes and cinematography....Kiefer Sutherland at his smarmiest, Richard O'Brien (Rocky Horror Picture Show), at his creepiest, Bruce Spence (Mad Max 2) mugging it up like mad......highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules
                      Sort of The Matrix meets Film Noir, or The Truman Show via Kafka.
                      Funny. That makes it sound like Dark City was influenced by the Matrix. When it was the Matrix that so obviously riped off elements of Dark City and the Thirteenth Floor and Ghost in the Shell and... oh well you get the idea.

Comment

This movie is very underrated. Most people who sat through all three Matrix movies would probably not even given the boxcover of this dvd a second look. Very enjoyable!

Comment

A "me too"

Dark City is an amazing movie, can't recommend it enough. Like most other people I saw it "by accident", a friend of mine rented it. Knowing nothing about the movie before hand, it blew me away.

Comment

Working...
                          X