Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Prestige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Prestige

Looking forward to some real good acting and hopefully a good story: The Prestige with Caine, Bale, Johansson and Hugh Hackman.
    Any opinions yet (but no spoilers please)!

Also "Babel" is on my list, by Alejandro Gonzلlez Iٌلrritu ("Amores Perros").
    Google ergo sum

This is a movie I would not mind watching, a friend told me about it a while ago but I had forgotten it untill I saw this thread. It sounds like an interesting story, maybe I should find and read the book first.
    My signature is

Comment

Originally posted by L'Etranger
      Looking forward to some real good acting and hopefully a good story: The Prestige with Caine, Bale, Johansson and Hugh Hackman.
      A Freudian slip there, LE?

Oh, and you forgot David Bowie, who plays a small but (apparently) pivotal role in The Prestige as inventor Nikola Telsa, and which has been described as "brilliant" by more than one viewer.
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by redbeard
        This is a movie I would not mind watching, a friend told me about it a while ago but I had forgotten it untill I saw this thread. It sounds like an interesting story, maybe I should find and read the book first.
        The ending of the book is completely different from the movie. They would have had a seriously hard time trying to film it how it was written.
        Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Thanks, friends. I have bookmarked the movie for watching it pronto. And if the book ends completely different, that's fine ... more fun then to read it.
          Google ergo sum

Comment

I'm actually sort of glad they're changing the ending in the movie...the book is fairly realistic until you reach the revelation.

Comment

Okay, just watched this afternoon. The beginning is a bit confusing as you have to get used to two guys reading diaries of their respective antagonist, but soon it gets very exciting and suspense-loaded. I'm content.
              Google ergo sum

Comment

Working...
              X