Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

I was pondering movie ideas....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was pondering movie ideas....

I was pondering movie ideas....

-then I thought,

would not it be great if our favourite actors had secretly filmed entire movies,but they never released them to anyone?

-and they would have a 20 to 30 to even 40 years time release on them,that would allow them to be shown in the theater?

-It would rule to see certain actors as they were 30 years ago,only in a film nobody on the planet has ever seen before! -aside from the editor and director,

Oh! what a time capsule that would be!

What if Sean Connery filmed like five other 007 movies,but were locked in a vault somewhere!

I think movie studios should start doing that now! It would be an investment on the future! Make extra sequels and other movies,then release them many years later! It would have an incredible impact on the future society!

Just think,if there were only a few like this,the company and actors could make a huge bundle on the movies when they are finally released!

It would be such a fascinating experience!

They need to stop thinking of the immediate money return and make a new art form like this!

Thanks!

-Lemec
    Last edited by lemec; 11-19-2006, 06:40 AM.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

No need to keep movies in a time capsule !

The movies would be out of times, old fashioned ...

With a good A.I., you can to day make a western John Wayne and Marilyn Monroe staring .... Steve Mac Queen as in Rawhide second star and Yul Brunner as the bad boy !

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan Kane
      No need to keep movies in a time capsule !

The movies would be out of times, old fashioned ...

With a good A.I., you can to day make a western John Wayne and Marilyn Monroe staring .... Steve Mac Queen as in Rawhide second star and Yul Brunner as the bad boy !

Haha! True!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

I think the reason this wouldn't happen now is you a) couldn't keep the actual filming under wraps and b) the studios need an immediate return on their investment.

With advancements in CG though its only a matter of time before they can make new movies with dead actors - if they can sort out the legal problems.
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Working...
        X