Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

LOTR running time of 180+ minutes! = Running to the toilet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOTR running time of 180+ minutes! = Running to the toilet!

Indeed: LOTR running time of 180+ minutes! = Running to the toilet!

As most of us know, all 3 of the LOTR movies are at least 3 hours long. The curious like myself may wonder whether or not people are able to sit in front of the screen that long without using the toilet. :?:

We can at least find out what the answer is among ourselves; we MWM fans!

Perhaps we can get some interesting or funny anecdotes out of it.

For example: "I made the mistake of eating a big bean burrito before the screening, so...."

C'mon, y'all! Don't be shy! :D

--Jer
    \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
    Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Oops! It posted before I could finish!
    If the answer you don't want is on there,
    is it one of these?....
    choice #:
    4.) Yes. I tried to hold it as long as possible, but the pressure became too great and I ended up running to the toilet!

5.) No. I can hold my water but my significant other made me go with her.

6.) Yes. I had to go to vomit!

7.) Who cares. I'm a M. Moorcock fan impatiently awaiting the Elric film.

8.) other (please explain).

There! I think that covers all the possibilities!

--Jer :D
    \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
    Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

I'm obviously getting too old to go to the cinema these days. I have an attention span/bladder control limit of exactly 100 minutes, and anything longer than that is a trial. In my day they'd have an intermission halfway through the film and there would be trays of ice-cream to buy in the aisles. As a film-fan I don't necessarily enjoy the idea of having the mood and story broken up like that, but needs must when they make the drinking cups so damned large! I was actually very glad George Lucas made the middle of the the last Star Wars film so incredibly dull, giving me a chance to dash out while young-Darth rolled around a hillock of tedious love. I doubt there will be any suitably dull moments in the Elric films, will there?

D...
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Working...
      X