Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hope the release of 300 isn't just biz, if they have kept to the original comic book series, for entertainment value, it should be good. I have Frank Millers' work from his first days on Daredevil at Marvel, I don't really buy comics these days ( She To Whom I Am Shackled In Wedlock To would go mad if I started again!!!! ) but I would hope if he had any influence they would stick mostly to the story. I can see where everyone is coming from with the present situation in Iraq/Afghanistan but we should remember that the Spartans subsisted on slavery of a whole nation so they could have a warrior elite who did nothing but train for battle, so they were not really the good guys, in a way, unlike our people who are fighting today. I hope that the film doesn't generate this either. I am looking forward to it anyway but as I have said if it turns out to be pants, the Chaos Twins ( my 8 year old daughters ) and their 4 year sister Xiombarg Junior will have free reign with my books. AAAARRGGHH!!!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

The sacrifice of the spartians 300 was a strategic move to save the greek army from the persian pursuit ......

The result were the naval battle of Salamine and the land battle of Platées .....

Comment

Working...
      X