Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Games youd like to see as a film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games youd like to see as a film

Some games would make great films.

Like Ghost Hunter.

Its a scary game and has a complex plot and is very film like.

There are scary ghost girls whose teddies grow big and use them as a weapon and nasty spinning ghost boys, and a grotesque swamp phantom, to mention a few.

I dont play it after dark, late at night.

It would make a great film or series.

I know games dont always come out perfect as films, but most work well.

I know they piss off snotty critics who pretend to be sooooo clever and high brow.

So long as they stick to the game plot and dont make it less interesting.

Doom was great, but should have kept the demons on a mars space station plot via a portal to a hell.

Any other games that would make good films?

The Last Ninja.

Armakuni setting out to exact revenge on Kunitoki for the slaying of his brethren would make for an excellent film, espeically if it was done properly and not as typical hollywood trash. It would have to all be based on the first game, I don't think a ninja travelling through time to modern day New York would help the story.
    My signature is

Comment

Sounds good.

I agree about the second one not being right. That could get silly.

Comment

Metal Gear Solid!

The stories in those games are amazing, I think Hideo Kojima could create a movie just as good.

Comment

Half life would be great.
          Even Halflife 2 would make a great movie.

Comment

The final Fantasy Plots would be wicked. All of them.

Yeah i know they already made one.

But the rest are cool!

Metal gear solid would rock!

Half life i dont know the plot to.

Comment

Soul Caliber. I love that game. A freind of mine said he heard a rumour they are making Soulcaliber III into a movie, anybody here anything about it.

Comment

Mutant League Football. It'd be like RollarBall from the 70's but with awesome special effects when the players get hacked. Like Shane Black's last boyscout after a rockstar. Come to think of it that title would be cool on X-Box or PS II or III, why EA never did another is a mystery to me...

Comment

OMG, transforming literature into movies is matter already delicate or problematic enough, why games now? I think movies ought to have something to say and not be the sales vehicle for games. Games have their merits and cinema its own. But that's just my opinion.
                  Seen from the other side:
                  It makes perfect sense to me that there is no "Citizen Kane" game, nor a "Babel" game, no "Lawrence of Arabia" game, no "Letters from Iwo Jima" game, no "Lost in Translation" game, no "Amelie" game, no "Down by Law" game, no "Heaven's Gate" game etc, you name it.
                  If film making were suddenly reduced to making movie editions of games, then it would become a very sad art.
                  This doesn't exclude some occasional experimenting, of course.
                  Last edited by L'Etranger; 02-25-2007, 03:23 AM. Reason: having had more to say
                  Google ergo sum

Comment

There are some really good, story-driven video games out there that would do pretty well as movies. As far as fantasy goes - the Legacy of Kain series (while in all likelihood a bit too close for comfort to Elric) was extremely well-written, so was the Fallout series from Black Isle.

Still, there haven't been too many 'good' adaptations thus far - Doom, Resident Evil (1+2), Tomb Raider. The best one I've seen is Silent Hill, but that was a little too bleak and nasty for my tastes.

Apparently Hitman is a go - with Timothy Olyphaunt playing 47.
                    Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

desagreing partly !

If there are no video games, there are RPG games ..... and with adapted rules you can play anything....

The matter is that it wil lnot always be interesting !

Comment

Working...
                      X