Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What films are you watching in 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware

Video clip: on the making of the Lemmy scene : https://youtu.be/4yMs5M5sb6k

Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Kymba334 View Post
      Hardware

Video clip: on the making of the Lemmy scene : https://youtu.be/4yMs5M5sb6k
      ROFL!

Hardware, is a good movie. It looks like just what it is, a story ripped straight out of the pages of, 2000 AD. One of my favourite cyberpunk films.

Comment

I watched The Land That Time Forgot. It's more awesome than ever! It was really good to see! With this year's TV upgrade, I can really imagine what it must have been like seeing the movies in the movie theater, really cool backgrounds! Amazing sets and scenes! It was so much fun! Delightful Screenplay!!! Jim Cawthorn & Mike Moorcock!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Mulholland Drive

David Lynch's surrealistic non-linear fable about the Hollywood Dream, the nightmare inside that dream and an ugly reality behind all of it.

For example... Harvey - is that you? : https://youtu.be/m_Gqd080IwM
          Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

I've got a copy of The Dark Tower, based on Stephen King's series of the same name. I just haven't got around to watching it yet. Meanwhile I'm watching all the Gilbert and Sullivan on Youtube that I can.
            sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
            And incense the power of man with God
            But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
            And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
            by Peter Cape

Comment

Just watched, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, on Netflix. Sunk a few beers in the process (hard, cold, wet day at work). Well worth it. Stayed for the accompanying 30min documentary. Fascinating, fictionalised, 1927 Chicago summer's day in the life of a blues diva & her band in a hot stuffy recording studio. Originally a stage play, I'd love to have seen this live (it reminded me of, Five Guys Named Moe, which I saw in the Theatre Royal, Stratford East, many years ago, before it made it's way to the West End), brought more or less, faithfully to the screen, with some interesting tweaks. Excellent performances make the stylised stagey & epistolary original text come to life. Viola Davis is phenomenal, but Chadwick Boseman give the performance of a lifetime, in his last roll. Ultimately, heart wrenching.

Well worth watching! 😉

Comment

Originally posted by In_Loos_Ptokai View Post
                I've got a copy of The Dark Tower, based on Stephen King's series of the same name. I just haven't got around to watching it yet. Meanwhile I'm watching all the Gilbert and Sullivan on Youtube that I can.
                Idris Elba became Roland. Everything else in this movie consists of a bomb sadly.
                "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
                "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
                  ROFL!

Hardware, is a good movie. It looks like just what it is, a story ripped straight out of the pages of, 2000 AD. One of my favourite cyberpunk films.
                  I only watched it once. I haven`t seen it in a while, I will look for it.

ps found it on google play video but looks not available to Brazil.
                  Last edited by zlogdan; 12-23-2020, 11:39 AM.
                  "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
                  "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I am one of these Chris Nolan fanboys. Huge fanboy. But I did not like Tenet at all and I paid 19 reais to rent it at google play video.
                    Shame on me.

Comment

Originally posted by zlogdan View Post
                      Don't get me wrong, I am one of these Chris Nolan fanboys. Huge fanboy. But I did not like Tenet at all and I paid 19 reais to rent it at google play video.
                      Shame on me.
                      I managed to watch the first two of his Batman movies. Inception left me cold, I'm afraid. Son went to see, Tenet, too much timey-wimey stuff.

Comment

I managed to watch the first two of his Batman movies. Inception left me cold, I'm afraid. Son went to see, Tenet, too much timey-wimey stuff.
                        I love all of his films ( some I have seen more than 2 times ) but I have not watched his first film and Dunkirk ( I have it anyway but didn't watch it yet ).
                        But Tenet is very convoluted and does not seem intentional.

Comment

It's soooo hard to make any time shifting work in a film. Or TV. Or anywhere really.

Comment

Originally posted by Rothgo View Post

It's soooo hard to make any time shifting work in a film. Or TV. Or anywhere really.
                            The only time I've seen time in reverse done really successfully, was the Red Dwarf (season 3), episode (1), Backwards. That's an ingenious half hour, based on the premise that after reaching the limits of expansion, Time & Space start contracting again, played strictly for laughs. Well worth a watch. 😉

Comment

I have seen the animated film "Soul" which I absolutely recommend.

Comment

Working...
                              X