Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What films are you watching in 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Island of Lost Souls
    The Island of Doctor Moreau (1977)

Comment

Today marks the 45th anniversary of a movie musical i've always liked so why not :

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

One link only - this scene is as close to one of J C's infamous parties as i have ever seen on film :

https://youtu.be/umj0gu5nEGs
      Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

Watched "Bob Roberts" again last night. Horridly prophetic for a film made some 18 years ago.

Comment

Lots of low budget horror films on Tubi. Some good and enjoyable and others not so much. The most memorable one so far was Simon, King Of The Witches from 1971. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067757/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0 Andrew Prine is lots of fun to watch as the title character and the storyline is quite campy. Special effects aren't great, but they don't need to be and the humor more than makes up for any of the film's shortcomings. The Video Dead from 1987 is a bit of a unique take on the zombie genre and even thought the acting was not so great it turned out to be better than I expected. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0155350/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
          "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
          'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

I don’t watch tv or movies anymore. I want to. I just never make the time. I’ve ordered 5 movies on eBay this year and haven’t watched a single one of them.
            "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
            --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

I watched Uncommon Valor.

Also watched The Year of the Dragon, I wonder if that movie was shocking to see in the movie theater when it came out.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
              - Michael Moorcock

Comment

I watch El Dorado (1966)

Ride, boldly ride.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Last night, I mostly watched, Return of the Killer Tomatoes. It's cheesy & daft, but good natured. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Which should give you some idea of my state of mind, these days. 😜

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
                    Last night, I mostly watched, Return of the Killer Tomatoes. It's cheesy & daft, but good natured. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Which should give you some idea of my state of mind, these days. 😜
                    A very enjoyable film, especially if you enjoyed Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes. There is a nice collectors edition of the first film available with loads of extras (commentary, deleted scenes, short films, etc...) that can be picked up on DVD fairly cheap. It even comes with the original soundtrack and a poster.

Comment

I have been thinking to watch the harry potter movies once again someday. i think im going to do that soon. the Harry potter house quiz pottermore got me thinking about it in the first place
                      Last edited by sortinghouse; 09-28-2020, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Last night, I was watching part of The Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by lemec View Post
                          How does it hold up? Still creepy?

Comment

Yes. It has a certain quality to it. Creepy and it's fun seeing it's stars together again.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Yes. It has a certain quality to it. Creepy and it's fun seeing it's stars together again.

I think I would still like it for that cast, too. It scared me when I first watched it (I was far too young). Then I saw it in college and couldn’t imagine how it ever scared me. I think it would be a lot of fun now.

Comment

A great classic Sci-Fi/Horror film, and one where I can say I enjoyed both the original 1956 version and the 1978 re-make.

Comment

Working...
                                X