Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What films are you watching in 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Train Your Dragon was this weekend's film : great wee animation and not too scary for the young 'uns.
    Next up will be the sequels. I haven't seen them before but I'm hoping that the same "adventure without scares" motif keeps going.

Comment

In a budget constrained sector of space no one can hear you gripe...

Dark Star

https://youtu.be/ocse-0bBfo8
      Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

I recently say Tehran Taboo. A wonderful film - an animation that follows a prostitute's journey through Tehran. Through this journey we meet characters who are doing favours for each other - most of which are to get around the strict rules of the regime. A fascinating movie, that gives a nuanced account and shows the unintended consequences and corruption that can arise in any authoritarian state.

Comment

Signed up for Tubi TV, a really cool free streaming movie and TV service. They have a very large selection of classic and obscure horror and science fiction titles. Kicked it off with Dr. Terror's House Of Horrors starring Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee and Donald Sutherland, a film I used to own on VHS and haven't seen in years. It was still as enjoyable as I remember it!
          "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
          'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

Last night, I watched episodes 2 & 4, of the four parter Doctor Who adventure, 'The Moonbase.' It's not one of the strongest serials, but there's Pollly putting the kettle on to make coffee, while Ben & Jamie are very brave. Then I watched Buffy tVS, Season 4 ep. 11 (Doomed), where the Scooobies stop the Apocalypse (again) & Spike finds that though he still can't attack or eat humans, he can beat the crap out of demons. Then I watched the original, Terminator, again. Still stands up as a top notch, grade A, SF B. movie. I only really rate this one and it's immediate sequel, II, for the Terminator Universe. Still get a kick out of the grudging end credits: "Ackowledgement to the Works of Harlan Ellison" (they appear to have ripped off his Outer Limits episodes, 'Soldier' & 'The Demon WIth the Glass Hand').

Great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Kymba334 View Post
              In a budget constrained sector of space no one can hear you gripe...

Dark Star

https://youtu.be/ocse-0bBfo8
              Kymba , I saw Darkstar inThe Glasgow Film Theatre around about 1977 , it was on with a surfing film called Crystal Voyager , I can remember the audience clapping when Darkstar finished and all the way home I was humming ' Benson Arizona ? .

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

With the lockdown , I have turned upstairs into a Man Cave , I watched Danger Close : The Battle of Long Tan , true story about the Royal Australian Regiment and New Zealand SAS in Vietnam, brilliant fil , Travis Kimmel from Vikings stars .

Comment

Watched the Kid who would be King. It is a modernisation of the King Arthur Legend. It is aimed squarely at children. I think anyone over the age of 12 might find it rather cheesy and annoying. OIt doesw rehash the tale of King Arthur & Excalibur and has its cheesy moments. Probably a good introduction to fantasy and or King Arthur of you've got any children in the house. Not as scary as Lord of the Rings. You could watch this, and then read them a version of King Arthur as a bedtime story, or both.

Comment

In the Multiversal ManCave I just ( unfortunately ) watched some total rubbish named Overlord on Netflix . It was billed as a type of WW2 Nazis/zombies flick ,being a fan of the wolfenstein games I gave it a try....wish I hadn't bothered , at a few points I considered switching over and foolishly stuck it out to the end . Tomorrow I will have to watch something classic to remind me good films are out there . Like The Seven Samurai or Where Eagles Dare .

Comment

Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
                      In the Multiversal ManCave I just ( unfortunately ) watched some total rubbish named Overlord on Netflix . It was billed as a type of WW2 Nazis/zombies flick ,being a fan of the wolfenstein games I gave it a try....wish I hadn't bothered , at a few points I considered switching over and foolishly stuck it out to the end . Tomorrow I will have to watch something classic to remind me good films are out there . Like The Seven Samurai or Where Eagles Dare .
                      Those last two films are old favorites of mine WWS and a certain American actor in Where Eagles Dare reminded me to re - watch another old classic tonight and right now on my DVD player its....

the Good the Bad and the Ugly.
                      Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

The bad guy from the original dollar films , Gian Maria Volonte , also stars in A Bullet For The General , another one to while the lockdown hours away with

Comment

Working...
                        X