Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

What films are you watching in 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked The Prestige, and I like The Illusionist (Ed Norton), that came out around the same time.

Both were something I could really get into.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by lemec View Post
      I liked The Prestige, and I like The Illusionist (Ed Norton), that came out around the same time.

Both were something I could really get into.
      I like The Illusionist too. It is a pretty good film.

Speaking of sci-fi films, I watched Ad Astra and I have slept while watching it. It was not necessarily bad but very far from what I was hoping for.
      "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
      "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Recently watched 1917. A WW1 movie that was filmed in a way that it looked like one long take.
        This effect was really interesting. as everything had to make sense in that context.
        There was some really clever ways to link it all up.

Apart from that. It was a really moving film. So well done and probably my favourite movie over the last 12 months.

Comment

Working...
        X