Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Clerks II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clerks II

Hello, has anyone seen Clerks II?

If so, what did you think of it?

Too offensive? or Too Funny? haha

The over all story about friends is heartwarming, although many don't like all the crude parts. A couple songs really fit the scenes.

I am happy that I went to see it because I am a fan of the Kevin Smith films.

The original Clerks was funnier, but Clerks II was a different type of movie that was not just going for the maximum amount of laughs. There is more to it rather than some comedies that you really can't watch over again because they are only funny the first time around. imo.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Originally posted by TheAdlerian
    I was thinking of seeing it. I'm not easily offended, but I am easily bored by offensive material. So, was there a story and whatnot to the film as well.

Also, what was "the donkey show" (I think I know) and why was it in the movie.
    This may contain **Spoilers**

Yes, it did have a story. It was basically a love story with some funny parts in it.

"It was not all laughs like "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back."

There is no time to get bored though,haha,I'm always wanting movies to be longer, it was 1 hour and 37 minutes. It went fast for me.

It was like Clerks 1, only with the more silly elements of Mallrats and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, if you saw those.

I am trying not give away any spoilers, there are a couple movie references in their that are probably more private jokes for Kevin Smith and his friends, so if you like those kinds of things, you should enjoy the film.

I was only bothered by one little thing in the movie, I did not think what they were talking about had any real point other than the character saying it to annoy someone. Other than that one thing, it was pretty tasteful.

It was a movie just to show us what Dante and Randal are up to about 12 years since Clerks 1.

Spoiler:

The donkey show was there for what you might think they would put one in the film. haha

(It was a little different though, than a similar scene from "Bachelor Party.")

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Spoiler:

well, it's more of a surprise joke, without saying too much.

something Randal planned.

(It was a little messed up, did not go as he thought.)

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

I thought this was very funny, but also extremely filthy.

In some ways it shares similarites with the Richard Linklater film "Before Sunset". You get a sense of continuity with the characters over the last 10 years, has a certain bitter-sweet edge to it.

Important to point out that it doesn't rely on the filthiness, although given the tone of the original its to be expected (though I think some may find the "Donkey Show" a little too much)
        Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by devilchicken
          I thought this was very funny, but also extremely filthy.

In some ways it shares similarites with the Richard Linklater film "Before Sunset". You get a sense of continuity with the characters over the last 10 years, has a certain bitter-sweet edge to it.

Important to point out that it doesn't rely on the filthiness, although given the tone of the original its to be expected (though I think some may find the "Donkey Show" a little too much)

Very cool! I am glad you liked it. I also feel it is a story of friendship.

I think Kevin Smith just wants to put filthy stuff before anyone else does, in five years, movies will be much worse.

I listened to the Mallrats commentary, there was something in there the movie studio would not let him have, so it was cut from the film, then a couple years later a big studio production used the same bit, which was still dirty, but they made million doallrs from it.

Furthermore, I feel if Ben Stiller or Vince Vaughn where the one's putting on the Donkey show, mainstream America would consider that the funniest thing in the world.

The Wedding Crashers for instance had alot of sexual content, but that was somehow "acceptable".

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
          X