Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

Star Wars Universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A rumour of open auditions for roles in Star Wars VII.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24828750
    Let me tell you a story 'bout a poor boy....

Comment

Now's my chance.

Comment

I presently feel that enough time has past, from the last Star Wars prequel of 2005, to allow me to be excited once again for Star Wars and the new Star Wars saga movies and trilogy sequels!

#StarWarsVII returning cast: Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker.

Andy Serkis and Max von Sydow are in the movie as well!

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/star-w...cast-announced

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-e...announced.html

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Oh, Star Wars VII, please film the actual Millennium Falcon model.

I get it, you have CGI and can do this! and that!, but now is the time to put it in a drawer for three movies.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

I'm there with you on that Lemec! I enjoyed the original three films immensely (Episodes IV-VI), but really didn't care for the last three (Episodes I-III) and it primarily had to do with the look of the finished product and the use of CGI for practically everything. I have absolutely no desire to see Episode VII even with the return of original cast members.
            "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
            'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

I have to disagree

I love all 6 films of the franchise and the Clone Wars series as well. To be quite honest but only dislike in the series is Jar Jar Binks and....

"From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
              "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Episode II:

---------

Better Empire than dead?

How bad was it to live under Imperial Rule? They never described it.

As long as you are not accused of being part of the Rebel Alliance and a spy or traitor, you probably can live a decent life in what ever lifestyle you choose, unless you are employed by Jabba.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

A story you've no doubt already read lemec... Leipzig Star Wars Exhibition

Comment

Originally posted by Rothgo View Post
                    A story you've no doubt already read lemec... Leipzig Star Wars Exhibition
                    Thanks, Rothgo!

Nope, I only read it just now.

He,he! The display could still be worse.

At least, I think they have an AT-ST driver suit there, that's pretty interesting and not a common sighting.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Comment

• I just invented a new Star Wars game when I was walking out of the bathroom.

It goes a little something like this:

Star Wars "If" Game}

"If" Star Wars - Return of the Jedi was created and filmed with the mindset of a 1980's Action Movie writer and director:

Luke Skywalker would have been played by Sylvester Stallone and:

Last edited by lemec; 09-15-2014, 03:23 PM. Reason: I realize now that some of my posts are not too good.Ha!,Ha!

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Ouch!!!!
                          Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

• I'm sorry for the double post. I thought the first on did not go through.

Anyway, here's something for your dreams:

Imagine Stallone with long blonde hair, as Luke in The Star Wars Trilogy, but unlike Mark Hamill, Sylvester Stallone would have, exactly, Sam J. Jones' hair in Flash Gordon!

What do you mean Luke Skywalker approaching?
                            Last edited by lemec; 09-15-2014, 03:24 PM. Reason: adding stuff.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• This technique may be over used, but when asked what I'd do when making a movie about how a man who turned to evil, I say that I would introduce the character as a boy, then at the 25% mark into the movie, I'd show a place on screen with the big words like a title card marking it as: Name of Place- Twelve Years Later.

The boy is grown to adulthood as is in constant training at first. Early 20's adventures go up to 75% mark into the movie, all in the 1st of 3 films. At the 75% mark, New Location- Twelve Years Later, of a place only talked about in the earlier parts of the movie.

At the 99% mark into the movie, New Location- Five Years Later, the character is raised in rank with full honors. The next 2 movies will take place in this time period.

At the last remaining 1% mark, a new love interest is introduced and then there are ominous hints of a large war that's about to begin, one first battle at an important place set up earlier in the movie. Weapons are shown and soldiers are seen putting on uniforms at dawn. Then FADE OUT TO DARKNESS. END CREDITS.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• This is still would have been my preferred version of the movie.....

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
                                X