Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

Star Wars Universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    Check this out, if you haven't already.

The Jedi Mix
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4SxhYwS4QY
    Wow, that is waay cool!

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." -Robert A. Heinlein

"If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I will help you become that." -Johann Wolfgang Goethe

"Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind." -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

From RebelScum.com....

http://www.rebelscum.com/

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by lemec View Post
        From RebelScum.com....

http://www.rebelscum.com/
        HA!!!! Awesome! Damn! I already sent my cheesy ecards of the day! Thanks for the belly laugh!
        "Run to the hills! Run for your life!" But first; nap!sigpic

Comment

You're very welcome, Lorelei!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Hilarious. You have to watch this. It's a reinactment of Eddie Izzard's Death Star Canteen sketch:

Comment

Eddie Izzard! Oh man that .. Umm dude is soo frackin funny! He is one of my favorite comedians of all time.

Cheers to Eddie!!!!

Great vid btw...
              "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." -Robert A. Heinlein

"If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I will help you become that." -Johann Wolfgang Goethe

"Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind." -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

That is so well edited. Not sure how all the fans will react to a commercial.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Not sure who the guys in the bike helmets were supposed to be - and I'm not sure I recognise all the 'stars' - but that's pretty cleverly put together.
                  _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                  _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                  _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                  _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

The decision to bring J.J. Abrams on board to direct the new “Star Wars” movie...

The decision to bring J.J. Abrams on board to direct the new “Star Wars” movie should restore faith in those who have strayed from the flock.
                    http://cognoscenti.wbur.org/2013/01/...ethan-gilsdorf

Now comes the latest dork news alert. Last week, it was announced that J.J. Abrams will direct the first of the new movies, the yet-to-be-named “.”
                    I believe J.J. Abrams will be excellent in his work on this Star Wars movie.

Star Trek (2009) just seems like a resume listing now, to be signed on to the Star Wars: Episode VII.

I think J.J. Abrams will be good for it, since he wanted to make a Star Wars movie in the first place, rather than a Star Trek one. It was still silly that the phrase "Punch it." was used (twice) in a Star Trek movie.

Once they bring back the tone and feel of the original Star Wars Trilogy, I don't think the studio or the director can mess it up.

If it is well written and fits nicely in the Star Wars universe, I will love the movie.

It's all up to the writer(s), that's the most important part now.

I'm sure J.J. Abrams can get the performances needed from the actresses and actors.

For the most part, I trust J.J. Abrams' use of camera angles, views, focus and creativity.

In this case, I would want him to imitate parts of the iconic space scenes.

Take it easy,

lemec

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

I have mixed feelings about JJ Abrams: he did a pretty awful, though with great visuals, Star Trek film. He was the creator of Fringe, which I love. Although I think fringe was not cool as it was due to his "magic" honestly speaking. Regarding Star Wars, I will pray to God that he does not diverge from the rest of the series...
                      "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
                      "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

I liked his star trek movie though it is exactly what one might expect and nothing more. It was compentent and looked really cool. I liked Lost for the first few years but hated Fringe. I hated how there was this stuff that was supposed to be sound like science but it was baloney. I expect Abrams to deliver his end of it in a good but not special way.

What bothers me is that the head writer is Michael Arndt - the guy who wrote 'Little Miss Sunshine' and 'Toy Story 3'. I just can't see it. I don't want Star Wars to be ZANY. But apparently he's the go to guy in Hollywood now, he did the Hunger Games sequel too. I don't know, I guess we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by opaloka View Post
                          It was compentent and looked really cool. I liked Lost for the first few years but hated Fringe. I hated how there was this stuff that was supposed to be sound like science but it was baloney.
                          Much of the scientific creations on Fringe were admittedly Fringe science, but they had lots of plausible arguments. Not that this will really bring those things to reality, but I liked it how creative the writers were. On the other hand, they had all sort of up to date computer vision technologies, and at least they seem to use the proper electronic gadgets.
                          "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
                          "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

The Terrible Truth 'Star Wars' Fans Can't Admit

Comment

I discovered these gems on my Twitter feed.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Star Wars Rebels

Star Wars Rebels should actually be very good.

It's a new animated series that is closer to the time of Episode IV, and it looks like classic Star Wars as well.

http://starwars.com/news/new-animate...fall-2014.html

I am greatly encouraged by the images that came out for the series from the New York Comic Con.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
                                X