Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

Star Wars Universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johneffay
    I could look this up, but something tells me that there are more than a couple of people hanging out here who would be only too happy to show off their Star Wars geek credentials:

I've got a quiz sheet set by our local library and one of the questions is 'Which Star Wars character's name is thought to be derived from the Sanskrit word for "warrior" and/or the Hebrew word for "one who knows"?'

My money is on the little green fella from Dagobah, but I thought I'd just check with the experts.
    Click here.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Thanks David! I was wondering whether it would be you or Lemec who would reply first

Comment

Lemec's busy running the Forum rpg in the Gaming forum with me and redbeard right now.
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by johneffay View Post
          Thanks David! I was wondering whether it would be you or Lemec who would reply first
          ahh! I am sorry that I missed this John!

I did not actually know that.

I would have guessed Kenobi.

Anyway,the reason why I checked this thread was because I wanted to add another Wikipedia link about the Star Wars live-action television series that should be read by 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wa...tion_TV_series

Despite my earlier complaints.....

.....the tv show does sound pretty cool.

It has been awhile since Episode III,so I've calmed down a bit and learned to appreciate the good parts of the prequels.

The show will take place between episodes III and IV and will focus on different characters.

From what I gather,George Lucas was saying that the show will be more action-packed and be a series more geared towards adults than children.

They want it to be more like the new Battlestar Galactica,hehe!

They must have finally learned to recognize how something good is put together.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Has anyone played the Knights of the Old Republic Games for PC & Xbox?

The Star Wars story gets a better (and far more adult) treatment in the Bioware games than in any of the movies.
            Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

I played one of them,Knights of the Old Republic II,I think.

I did not finish it,but it was very cool.

Was that the one with the Ithorians (Hammerhead) in?

It was an interesting part of the game.

Ya,the game did have a more complex story than the movies.hehe!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
              - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Please check this out and enjoy the irony: http://www.hellblazer.net/2007/07/23...on-shot-first/
                Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

Thanks a bunch,Kommando !!!

That really has brightened my day!

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by devilchicken View Post
                    Has anyone played the Knights of the Old Republic Games for PC & Xbox?

The Star Wars story gets a better (and far more adult) treatment in the Bioware games than in any of the movies.
                    Yeah,I have played KOTOR1 till the end(as a good guy) and a bit of KOTOR2.I'd say they are really good games-although no2 didn't offer something new and better than no1.
                    Republic Commando+Battlefront are good too,though not as good.I have played some other games which were ok I'd say though not great.

Comment

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

I saw a trailer for the new computer animated Star Wars!

It looked really good!

Should be fun.

A trailer is at this link:

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000478.html

Sci Fi Wire wrote:

Clone Wars Debuts In Summer

The official Star Wars Web site announced that a feature-film version of the computer-animated Star Wars: The Clone Wars will debut in 2008, followed by a television series in the fall.

Lucasfilm Animation will produce the projects in a partnership with Warner Brothers Pictures and Turner Broadcasting System.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars will open in North American theaters on Aug. 15. International release dates will be announced soon.

"I felt there were a lot more Star Wars stories left to tell," executive producer George Lucas said in a statement. "I was eager to start telling some of them through animation and, at the same time, push the art of animation forward."

The new television series premieres on Cartoon Network, followed by airings on TNT.

The Clone Wars TV series' half-hour episodes will have a new look and feel, combining the scope of the Star Wars saga with state-of-the-art computer-generated animation, the studio said.

The show will bring back the classic characters of Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Padme Amidala and introduce new characters, including Anakin's padawan learner, Ahsoka.

Lucasfilm Animation, working with its new studio in Singapore, has produced more than 30 episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and production continues.

The first in a planned series of special Web-only documentaries chronicling the development of Star Wars: The Clone Wars debuts on the official Web site.
                      http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=3&id=48370

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by Heiron View Post
                        Yeah,I have played KOTOR1 till the end(as a good guy) and a bit of KOTOR2.
                        I did the same but finished KOTOR as a bad guy and took my place as the Sith Lord. I couldn't play as a good guy, I didn't have the heart.
                        "The world is such-and-such or so-and-so only because we tell ourselves that that is the way it is. If we stop telling ourselves that the world is so-and-so, the world will stop being so-and-so." - don Juan

Comment

Star Wars every week? AWESOME!

Comment

Check this out, if you haven't already.

The Jedi Mix
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4SxhYwS4QY

Comment

Originally posted by Gilgamesh View Post
                              Check this out, if you haven't already.

The Jedi Mix
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4SxhYwS4QY
                              That's COOOOL!
                              "The world is such-and-such or so-and-so only because we tell ourselves that that is the way it is. If we stop telling ourselves that the world is so-and-so, the world will stop being so-and-so." - don Juan

Comment

Watching this video, can you imagine the insurance premiums those Jedi guys must pay? Jeez! It has to get expensive! All those replacement hands and such for themselves and everybody else - OMG!

The Jedi Mix

Comment

Working...
                                X