Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Logan's Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logan's Run

Does anyone else share my admiration of this movie? Its clearly a product of its time (the tin-foil robot at the end is laughable), but I've always found something compelling (and dare I say Moorcockesque) about the amoral characters in the film.
    Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Jenny Agutter gets her kit off in a PG certificate movie. What's not to like?
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Yes she does indeed.

Actually I liked the interplay between Michael York's character and that of his friend, played by the late Richard Jordan. A strange mixture of the amoral and the outright sadistic.
      Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by devilchicken
        Yes she does indeed.

Actually I liked the interplay between Michael York's character and that of his friend, played by the late Richard Jordan. A strange mixture of the amoral and the outright sadistic.
        Hey! It was the Seventies!

Comment

Originally Posted by David Mosley
          Jenny Agutter gets her kit off in a PG certificate movie. What's not to like?
          I love the line; "Let's take our clothes off before they freeze on us"

If there's a more transparent way of trying to see your girlfriend in the nude, I'd like to know.....

Comment

Reminds me a little of Soylent Green. Aside from Heston's trademark moralistic rant, it does put forward an interesting idea that a new home should come complete with its own live-in prostitute.

Comment

When I saw it I was 13 and LR impressed me a lot.
              Then I read the novel: wow!
              Until today it's one of my most favorite SciFi novel of everytime. I like the sequel "Logan's World" too ( other books was not published here, they publish HP ).
              But I loved movie too, there was Jenny Agutter...
              Yes, if you watch now at it is old, out of fashioned, but I've an old affect for him... I'm a sentimental
              Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

A film you keep seeing and never gets stale. probably the best film either Michael York or jenny Agguter did!
                My kids like it too, and thats the proof of a good film, when it crosses generations without it dating!

Comment

you are playing my tune. :)

I love Logan's Run!

about that robot....."...plankton from the sea...."

right up there with Zardoz, they both had isolated societies.

hey, and the old man was living with a bunch of cats! they could not have had a better setting. ;)

I would like to see the Logun's Run tv show, that would be cool. I remember seeing a part of it once.

the scene where Michael York meets Jenny Agguter, hehe, that looks like the next step in the evolution of the internet. Imagaine if we could walk into a chamber and meet in person the people we are talking to online? haha, of course I was thinking of using it for a more intellectual purpose than what Logan 5 was using it for,haha. ;)

I keep hearing the re-make is in the works. :o :D
                  Last edited by lemec; 06-28-2006, 03:15 PM.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                  - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Had the good fortune to meet Michael York at a book signing last year. Nice guy.

Comment

I first saw Logan's Run when I was about 8 and till this day it is among my favorites.

Comment

I love Logan's Run. It always seems to be shown in the UK on bank holidays or seasonal holidays. Great stuff. A little dated at times but a brilliant view of the future. Some pretty good effects for its time too (it won awards I believe). Oh... and did anyone mention Jenny Agutter getting her kit off?!

Comment

Logan's Run is a great film!

It is more relevant to society now than it ever was. I was thinking the same thing about Zardoz the other day.

Most of society now is focused on their own pleasures.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

I notice that a region 2 version of Logan's Run is sadly missing from various online retailers. I can only hope this means that a new edition is in the offing packed full of extras (which no one bothers to watch) and improved picture/sound quality?! It happened with Blade Runner so maybe....

Zardoz reminds me of late nights during my teenage years. All those slightly odd 70's films seemed to be shown late at night on TV and always caught my attention. That heady mix of sci fi, weirdness, and a bit of sex was too alluring. Barbarella anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by lemec
                              Logan's Run is a great film!
                              So is "Chicken Run" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120630/
                              Google ergo sum

Comment

Working...
                              X