Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Omen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Omen

Rather unpredictably I found this somewhat inferior to the original. Its also 99.9% the same, even down to the dialogue.

Rather heavy-handed direction too - they manage to screw up a classic subliminal film-making technique (the introduction of of the color red into a scene to indicate the supernatural) and in doing so turn it into a cliche.

To give you an example of what I mean - if you remember the scene from the original where Damien knocks his mother off the balcony. In this version the scene starts with Damien eating strawberries (complete with blood-like juice staining his lips) riding on a push scooter with red handles and wheels through a hallway with red wallpaper and onto balcony where his mother is watering hanging plants with a red watering can. If this was a chicken it would be charcoal by now...

Mia Farrow is about as scary as a wet fart, very poor substitute for Billie Whitelaw. That hospital murder from the original always sends a shiver up my back when i watch it - her expression is so malevolent.
    Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!
Working...
X