Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Doom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doom

Just got back from weatching Doom in the theaters and found it amusing to say the least. I was however dissapointed they used the "genetics turned monsters" plot. . . I would rather have had the original storyline - Demon infested Mars! Oh well. . . :(

Re: Doom

Originally posted by Azariel
    Just got back from weatching Doom in the theaters and found it amusing to say the least. I was however dissapointed they used the "genetics turned monsters" plot. . . I would rather have had the original storyline - Demon infested Mars! Oh well. . . :(
    Good point. I saw Doom on Sunday night. I had a great seat so I enjoyed it. :D I would had liked to have seen the floating eyeball "Beholder" type creature that was in the old Doom 1 game,haha. I'm a big fan in seeing monsters in those types of movies, so I would have liked to seen a larger variety of beasties,but other than that, it was very cool.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Yes, it was entertaining, its not like I was greatly dissapointed by it, but neither was I wholey pleased (i was waiting for the big bull demons and the beyolder too) - but I did get a laugh outta the Rock though "I wasn't suppose to die!" :lol:

Comment

Azariel wrote:
        - but I did get a laugh outta the Rock though "I wasn't suppose to die!"
        :lol: haha, that was a great line. I am glad that turned out the way it did. Now when I watch future "Rock" movies I'll know that he might not always be the big hero and win the day. 8)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Yeah, I was pleased with that, and it was a good choice. Its seldom we see the big name actors play a character who dies, so its good to see that for a change. It's like Charlton Heston, never knew he'd live or die w/ films like Omega Man and Planet of the Apes, he was a suprise what wwould be is fate

Comment

Yeah, I was pleased with that, and it was a good choice. Its seldom we see the big name actors play a character who dies, so its good to see that for a change.
            Watch out for Steven Seagel's character in the Kurt Russell movie Executive Decision then. :)
            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by demos99
              Yeah, I was pleased with that, and it was a good choice. Its seldom we see the big name actors play a character who dies, so its good to see that for a change.
              Watch out for Steven Seagel's character in the Kurt Russell movie Executive Decision then. :)
              Hi demos, that was also a surprise. Many were disappoined with Executive Decision as it seemed it was previewed as a Steven Seagal movie. He was still popular when that movie came out, it was just a few years after Under Siege. He dies a little too early though. :lol: if he had to die, it would have been better later. That was one of Hale Berry's first roles btw. haha.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

He dies! Thats a change.

Call it payback for his awefull movies.

I think it should have been demons on mars , not genetics.

It would have lifted it into the original.

I havent seen it , but i suspect i will at at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by yolanda
                  He dies! Thats a change.
                  Ya, it was the most original twist in the film! And him saying "I'm not suppose to die!" before getting dragged off was classic self-parody. :D

Comment

Working...
                  X