Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Howl's Moving Castle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howl's Moving Castle

I saw this recently and was really impressed. I thought that bits of it were very, how can I put it, Moorcockish, especially the dream/magic bits (I can't really remember how they fitted into the plot, I just remember sitting in the cinema and thinking, "Wow, that looks so Moorcock-y!) The castle in particular reminded me a bit of the Gypsy Nation or the Frowning Shield from "Phoenix in Obsidian". Not that that either of those comparisons are particularly flattering, but that's what I thought of when I first saw the Castle.

Hawksun,

That sounds cool, is that one of those ride attractions or is it on dvd? :)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

The film's based on a book by British writer Diana Wynne Jones, although the book and the film are quite different. The film has a lot of similarities with director Hayao Miyazaki's previous films, Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. It only came out in cinemas in Britain a few weeks ago, so I don't think that it'll be out on DVD for a while.

Comment

Thanks :) This link might be the one you are talking about, I will have to see if it playing anywhere.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0347149/

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Now I've got another excuse to go back to the cinema (providing it's still showing)! I loved 'Spirited Away' when I first saw it earlier this year. If not, I'll rent it from Global or something. Cheers Hawksun!

Comment

Working...
          X