Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Cat in the Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cat in the Hat

Mike:

I saw The Cat in the Hat last night at the dollar theatre. I was struck by the parallels between the film and the themes and plotting that drive much of your own work. The overarching theme of the film is restoring cosmic balance. There is too much Chaos in the little boy, and there is too much Law in the little girl. The Cat, an agent of Chaos enters their lives bringing with him a box full of chaos stuff. The box opens, chaos comes out and their world is pitched into a welter of distortion and confusion. The challenge of meeting chaos forces the children to grow and become more balanced individuals. They defeat the chaos, transform, and go on to live more balanced lives as good little children in the land of consumer conformity.

Have y'seen it?

Carter

That is freaking hilarious!

:lol:

The Cat in the Hat as a Knight of the Balance actually makes sense, come to think of it...

Comment

Hmmmm

There may be some comparison in Green Eggs and Ham that could be made as well.

Sam I Am is obviously the agent of chaos trying to push his twisted foodstuffs on the characters.

But his friend resists...

"I would not, could not with a fox, I would not could not in a box..."

Much like Faustaff in The Wrecks of Time, he fights against the essence of a chaotic world when he is on Earth Zero much to Klosterhiem's (Sam I Am) chagrin. :lol:

Green Eggs and Ham, regular eggs and tasty ham...

Yes Law and Chaos in the eternal struggle.
      When they had advanced together to meet on common
      ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
      and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
      each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
      mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
      killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Working...
      X