Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Brooklyn Bound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooklyn Bound

Bit of a long shot here, but has anyone seen the film Brooklyn Bound? It's pretty obscure, and almost certainly wasn't released theatrically in this country... but it contains the one and only screen appearance (to date) of an actress named Celeste Cruz, and I was curious to know if the film was worth checking out, and how much she's actually featured. She's pictured on the cover of course, but that doesn't really prove anything.

A very long shot really, but the DVD is out there... someone might have seen it... maybe...
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Re: Brooklyn Bound

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
    it contains the one and only screen appearance (to date) of an actress named Celeste Cruz
    Originally posted by Wikipedia
    famously bottled off stage at the Reading Festival in 2000.
    ? :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daphne_and_Celeste

No, I haven't seen it! :twisted:
    \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

:oops: I thought I'd left it ambiguous enough... damn the internet!!!

For those keeping score at home, I've also named a character in my Crash stories after Karen "Daphne" DiConcetto, because she inspired my main character's one-eyed status (Daphne was born blind in one eye).

I know they were terrible, but they were also very funny, and they annoyed Brian "Placebo" Molko, so I can't help liking them. They had the balls to attend a Kerrang! awards evening, and play Reading in the first place. These things are relative of course, but as far as pop stars go, they were the kind we should have more of. IMHO.

Now, though, they are just humble actors, their Top 20 glory forgotten...

[Dee scuttles away to plot his revenge on Mikey]

Comment

We know your deepest secrets...
        \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

As Karl Marx once remarked: "In your ear with a can of beer. Up your butt with a coconut!"

:( :oops: :(

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
            As Karl Marx once remarked: "In your ear with a can of beer. Up your butt with a coconut!"

:( :oops: :(
            Didn't he also say something to the effect of, "Up your nose with a rubber hose?" No? Perhaps that was Engels, then, in The Communist Manifesto. It's hard to know who wrote what in that book.

LSN

Comment

Working...
            X