Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Bruce Campbell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Campbell

Is anyone going to watch Man with the Screaming Brain this month on the Sci Fi Channel? That should be funny. Bruce Campbell in Alien Apocalyplse was fantastic! hahaha. Low budget films are sometimes alot better than what Hollywood usually tries to push on us.

I think someone should start an A to Z of the worst movies of all time, that would be interesting to see what we would come up with. :)

Some movie seem to get better with age, but one bad one that I can think of that just does not have an attraction value is Krull. It just never made it in the good movie slot,even during the time when I was desperate to watch anything science fiction or science fantasy.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

I love Bruce Campbell movies (especially Army of Darkness). He seems to liven up anything he's in. I might try and catch Man with the Screaming Brain if it gets shown here in the UK.

Has anyone seen Bubba Ho-Tep? It's Elvis versus the Mummy in a retirement home. I saw it to buy in my local video store and was wondering if it's worth a look.

Comment

Weirdly I was rooting through some boxes today and found my signed Bruce Campbell postcard! (I'd written to Warner Bros. to ask about Brisco County jnr., and ended up with an autograph!) I've been a big Campbell fan since I saw the second Evil Dead some time around the mid-90s. As I've said in another thread, horror isn't really my thing, but there was so much absurd slapstick in those films that I loved them immediately. The scene where he's laughing along with the stuffed animal heads is burned into my brain, along with many other weird and wonderful moments. I enjoyed spotting him in the Coen films too, but then he went more mainstream and it was hard to keep up. I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with going mainstream, it just meant that there were so many more films (and episodes of Xena and Hercules) to try to track down. So I drifted a little. Haven't even seen Bubba yet, even though I greatly enjoyed the Lansdale books I've read. I'm so lazy. :(
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Bruce Campbell is great I. Have any of you seen Bubba Ho-Tep? What did you think of it?

Comment

Hail to the king, baby.
          :D

You ain't leadin' but two things now, pal. Jack and shit. And Jack left town.
          :clap:

Bruce Campbell is cool. I've seen him in Army of Darkness and Spiderman. Seems to be a Sam Raimi connection there.

Comment

And my personal favourite

This is my BOOMSTICK!
            Love that scene in Army of Darkness.

Comment

Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell have been best friends since school. Bruce has been in nearly ALL of Sam's films in one way or another.

Also, when is 'Screaming Brain' being shown?

Comment

It was on Saturday the 10th in the United States, I am sure they will repeat it sometime.

My brief review:

Bruce was good as usual. The start of the film was pretty good and held my interest. The ex-KGB cab driver was pretty cool. The restaurant scene was great! When some time past in the movie,it started to get a little dull,there was not much going on and it really was not that funny. It was just plain weird. Alien Apocalypse was cheap too,but it was far better and funnier. Alien Apocalypse had better props and set. I was expecting a little more from Man with the Screaming Brain,but it just did not quite pay off for me. It had a mild ending and when the wife's brain got put into a robot,it just stopped being fun for me. I still like Bruce Campbell though,after all,it was very low-budget.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
                  I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with going mainstream, it just meant that there were so many more films (and episodes of Xena and Hercules) to try to track down.
                  I personally found these two shows good better with Bruce in them as the king of thieves! One thing about Bruce I love, he loves being the B-movie king! Which harks back to my saying in another post, "gonna be formulaic, be the best formulaic you can be" And no B-movie is complete without the king of B-films and catchy One-Liners!

Hail to the king, baby!

Comment

Also forgot to mention, anyone recall Bruce's short-lived "Jack of All Trades" back when Xena/Hercules were nearing their end, so the film producers tried there hands at spinoffs. Although short, that show was hilarious, all cause of Bruce - an the blonde chik with the cleavage wasn't to bad either :lol:

The opening theme was so delightful, I taped it and play once in a while for a good laugh - who knew the American Revolution was so damn funny!

Two scenes I'll always recall from that show was one time Bruce, as his alter ego was about to unmasked, and when he is, ANOTHER mask is beneath it, where you get a classic Bruce "ah-ha!" !

And the other was Emilia, his busty assistant fake her death to sneak into a cemetary, Bruce gives a speech, some in the line "We're gathered here to pay homage to the great, talented and intelligent -" only to say "well, enough about me!"

:lol: Classic!

Comment

Originally posted by Sky
                      Bruce Campbell is great I. Have any of you seen Bubba Ho-Tep? What did you think of it?
                      Yes. It is funny, and oddly touching. Bruce and Ossie Davis took their silly roles seriously, which is what made the premise work, and they are both charming and engaging.

Comment

Ah, Bubba Ho-Tep. What a delightful little gem.

Comment

Bubba

Met Bruce at the last SD comic Con. While standing in line I get to hear all the other people and their comments on Evil Dead trilogy and his TV stuff. When it was my Turn I said " Thanks for Bubba Hotep. He paused and smiled then said " Ah a man of taste, it was one of my favorites" made my day. (giggles girlishly)

Whatta Chin

Comment

:lol: - that's hilarious!

Comment

Anyone who's a fan of Cartoon Network's AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE, know that next year's film will feature Bruce Campbell's voice - awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X