Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The James Bond Discussion Mega-thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The James Bond Discussion Mega-thread

Crash writer 'takes on Bond film' - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...lm/4201460.stm

And in another section of the multiverse we'd get not a re-write by Paul Haggis* but a brave 'new wave' interpretation of James Bond by Jimmy Ballard**! :P

* http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375679/
    ** http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115964/
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

David Cronenburg for Bond 22...REALLY give the franchise a shot in the arm.

Comment

Originally posted by manmiles
      David Cronenburg for Bond 22...REALLY give the franchise a shot in the arm.
      And the eye... and the exposed wound... oh no, something's coming out of it... it's a gun... made of teeth... ew!
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Re: Crash writer 'takes on Bond film'

Seeing the name "Paul Haggis," how difficult it is to resist the easy
        joke associated with that well-known Scottish delicacy...

LSN

Originally posted by demos99
        Crash writer 'takes on Bond film' - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...lm/4201460.stm

And in another section of the multiverse we'd get not a re-write by Paul Haggis* but a brave 'new wave' interpretation of James Bond by Jimmy Ballard**! :P

* http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375679/
        ** http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115964/

Comment

I though Dee was THE Crash Writer

Comment

They'd only hire me if they wanted to kill the franchise off. :twisted:

First of all, my James Bond would be Rupert Everett , and he'd be deeply homosexual... there'd be a great scene where he comes back to his tropical hotel room to find a beautiful woman cavorting in his shower - and he just shoves her out into the corridor, flinging her clothes in her face. She'd spend the rest of the film trying to kill him for spurning her.... maybe even dressing up as a "boy", ala Veronica Lake in Sullivan's Travels. The villain would be President Bush, who'd gone insane (yes gone insane) and retreated to a base on the moon. There'd be twenty-foot-tall Mecha in there somewhere too. Ooh, and a giant squid (just so we can have writhing tentacles during the title sequence) (which would feature a brand new song from Portishead).

Make it so!

Seriously though, I get so tired of those films. I love the action "set pieces", but the hero is always such a dull, smirking arse. XXX was a bit of an improvement, but not much. I want their money, and the I, Robot money and the Star Trek money, and then I can make some action sci-fi stuff that really scares and confuses the crap out of people. You need to ratchet up the absurdity of the stunts and the characters to a point where the audience fear they'll actually lose their minds if they keep watching. It's the Cthulu approach to popular culture. :D
            "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Daniel Craig-The new James Bond

Hello,

I heard that Daniel Craig will be the new James Bond 007.

http://www.inthenews.co.uk/screen-and-stage/blockbusters/james-bond/craig-new-james-bond-$15063416.htm

I did not see him in Layer Cake, but the trailer for it looked really cool. I know I talk of Bond in the Sean Connery thread, but I thought I'd put this up so everyone could check out the link if they want to.

Who thinks Daniel Craig is a good choice for Bond?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0185819/

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E2902,00.html

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
              - Michael Moorcock

Comment

I had hoped the guy from King Arthur and Sin City would play him. I forget his name. For the life of me, every time I hear him speak, it reminds me of Travis, that one-eyed scallion from Blake's 7 :D

Comment

:D That would be Clive Owen who played King Arthur. He would have been good, maybe he will get it the next time around,hehe, you never know with Bonds, the new guy might only do one or two.

I need to watch some more of Blake's 7 that and Red Dwarf I have not seen in a long time.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                  - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Isn't Daniel Craig, er... how can I put this? Well, just a little bit too, you know, blonde? ;)

_"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

:lol: yep,

It makes me wonder if they will just have Bond as a blonde or will they use hair dye.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by lemec
                        :D That would be Clive Owen who played King Arthur. He would have been good, maybe he will get it the next time around,hehe, you never know with Bonds, the new guy might only do one or two.

I need to watch some more of Blake's 7 that and Red Dwarf I have not seen in a long time.
                        Yeah, watch Blake's 7 and then watch Clive Owen slur his words. I swear there one and the same though the decades seperate them :D

Comment

I've started going back through my Red Dwarf collection recently. I'd forgotten just how funny the first couple of series' were.

As for Daniel Craig, I think they'll use hair dye. ;)

Comment

A blonde Bond is sure going to take some getting use to - just as a Caucasian Elric wouldn't seem right either despite it being such a little thing in some respects. From what I've seen of him, Craig is a fine actor and I've no doubt that he can play the part, but unless they darken his hair somewhat (and it needn't be very dark or black just darker than his normal colour) Craig won't really look right to my mind. :(

Comment

I saw in the news that Bond has been put on hold until they figure out if or when they will sell the studio.

I think they will be back in time to have the same James Bond, but they started talking about who the next 007 will be.

I still want a retro Bond made.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
                              X