Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Guilty Pleasure movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appologies to all. I seem to have killed this thread with my, perhaps naive, admission.

Comment

Fellini's Casanova, starring Donald Sutherland in the title role.

It had some good things about it, but it was in many ways unpleasant, too. I don't think it's successful. I still think of it fondly for reasons I don't understand. Fellini made better movies than this one.

LSN

Comment

I would have to say the LOtR movies...
        They deviate from the books (which I like) to some extent... but I still like them.
        There are parts of the movies that irritate me asthetically as well as things that they left out whisc anoy me, but all in all I really liked the movies.
        Grey Mouser, you are not alone in your enjoyment of Return of the King. :D

S. Ombre

Comment

"Fairy Tale: A True Story" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119095/

This well evokes the time around WW1 when anything seemed possible, with spiritualists and theosophists running around doing their stuff and Conan Doyle putting his reputation on the line to defend a kiddies' prank. Of course, in the film it's more than that, so the second part of the title needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. I'm not quite sure if I like the way the plot concludes, but the fairies are pretty cool. One of those poignant, bitter-sweet stories about what children leave behind when they grow up.

Only guilty as it's a kid's film and a bit girly.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119095/
          \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Flashdance (nuff' said) :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Mouser
              Appologies to all. I seem to have killed this thread with my, perhaps naive, admission.
              Nope, I think my Flashdance comment did it :lol:

Comment

Working...
              X