Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Guilty Pleasure movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guilty Pleasure movies

Since we talked about guilty pleasure books,what about movies?

Mine are:

The Omega Man-Charlton Heston

The Sword and the Sorcerer-Lee Horsley,Richard Lynch

Zardoz-Sean Connery

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Commando

Bloodsport

Rocky 4

Out For Justice

Best of the Best

Leathal Weapon 3

Vampire's Kiss

Fear of a Black Hat

The Distinguished Gentleman

The Punisher (Dolph Lundgren)

I got a thing for really cheap actors!

Comment

killer condom :lol:

:oops:

Comment

Zardoz rocked, too.

Comment

Better Off Dead
          The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

I'm sure most men would be embarrassed by the majority of my DVDs, but the ones I felt "guilty" about owning would be:

S.W.A.T.

Blue Crush

The Fast And The Furious

All of which I picked up (very cheaply I must add) because of Michelle Rodriguez, who is a pretty good (and often very funny) performer, but she only ever gets cast in supporting roles in dumb action films these days. S.W.A.T. in particular is a terrible film, and a terrible film for her. Her character contributes absolutely nothing to the final sequence, and does nothing to prove that she belongs on the team... which seemed rather stupid after they'd made so much fuss about getting a woman in there. :roll:
            "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

The Railway Children

It's something about Jenny Agutter and those red bloomers.

Arrest me. Now... :oops:
              \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Re: Guilty Pleasure movies

Originally posted by lemec
                Since we talked about guilty pleasure books,what about movies?

Mine are:

The Omega Man-Charlton Heston

The Sword and the Sorcerer-Lee Horsley,Richard Lynch

Zardoz-Sean Connery
                1 and 3 are great movies. Chuck Heston in TOM as Jesus Christ shedding his blood to save mankind - wicked! Haven't seen TS&TS yet - keep waiting to see it in the bargain buckets or (very) cheap on eBay.

My guilty pleasure is Hawk the Slayer. :D
                _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey_C
                  The Railway Children

Walkabout, Equus, China 9, Liberty 37... Jenny Agutter sans red bloomers. Much more tasty. :)
                  _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                  _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                  _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                  _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Transformers: The Movie

I still have the copy that my parents bought for me when I was six. :oops:

On a more adult level, it would have to be Donnie Darko. I've got the original version and the director's cut.

I loved Zardoz when I first saw it but haven't managed to pick up a copy just yet.

As for Jenny Agutter, I thought she looked pretty good in Logan's Run. ;)

Comment

Um... The Sword and The Sorcerer

Major :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oh, and, er Ladyhawke

I'll get me coat. . .

Comment

Hey Berry...where's my two dollars!? Two Dollars! LOL

Comment

All wonderful and interesting choices!

I loved when the used to play the Omega Man on tv at midnight.
                          The Jesus Christ aspect was really fantastic!

As for Zardoz, is John Boorman still directing, he would make a great guest director for Elric!

"Caution,approaching Vortex Four,caution....."

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by demos99
                            Originally posted by Mikey_C
                            The Railway Children

Walkabout, Equus, China 9, Liberty 37... Jenny Agutter sans red bloomers. Much more tasty. :)
                            I don't feel guilty about those! :lol:
                            \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Well, for this forum Return of the King surely must count as a guilty pleasure.

Eowyn is probably my favourite character in the movie and I kinda like the OTT moment where Legolas takes out a Mumakhil plus crew all by himself and Gimli says 'Well that still only counts as one.'

Comment

Working...
                              X