Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Devil's Rejects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Devil's Rejects

Any thoughts on The Devil's Rejects? It opens on July 22nd. If you like horror movies,that one should be interesting.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

As a follow-up to my post, I did see The Devil's Rejects.

I thought it was really cool! It was well made, I thought it was a all around good movie. It was nice how it was set in the 1970's and they had alot of 70's songs in it. It reminds you more of some of the old time classic movies instead of a horror movie of present day. It was one of a kind. I am a Rob Zombie fan,but I would have liked it no matter who made it. House of 1,000 Corpses was part one and it was alot different than most of the films you see. I like all kinds of movies,not just fantasy and science fiction. I thought the charcters were pretty cool and how can you not like Captain Spaulding? I think it will sell well when it hits dvd since it did not gross all that much at the theater,but everyone is missing out on the experience if you don't see it in the theater. Something about that movie,it sticks with you and I think about it all the time.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

I like Zombie's music a lot, but I'm too squeamish to go and see that sort of film. If he ever makes a rock 'n' roll rom-com, then I'll be there with skates on (not literally), but I'm not a big horror fan. I enjoy the references in his songs ("Who will be left, and what will be left of them...", etc.) but just can't hop on the horror-movie bus with him. I'm sure he's kicking himself. :)

[Dee rushes off to draft a rock 'n' roll rom-com]
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

A Rob Zombie comedy would be pretty cool.

At one time, I did not watch that many horror films,only vampire movies and the Peter Cushing Hammer Films. Now I get into watching more of the scary ones. haha ;)

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

The DVD of Devil's Rejects comes out next week and I can't wait. Devil's Rejects is one of the best movies of 2005.

The Devil's Rejects is not for everyone, and certainly not for your Aunt Gertrude. It shows people at their most base and brutal. It's not really a horror film. It is an exploitation movie, pure and simple. The Devil's Rejects is an homage to the 1970s grindhouse movies such as Last House on the Left, and I Spit on Your Grave. Even the film stock in places looks like cheap 16mm blown up to 35. It has a very hot, burned look to it. It wallows in it's ugliness. The principle characters are covered in filth and gore throughout the movie. In some respects it has the look and feel of Tobe Hooper's Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Now with all that said, I think it's great! Sorry.

Comment

Ya, I got the dvd. I am amazed at all the behind the scene footage on disc two. I'd like to see Rob Zombie do another movie of some kind.

I think Sid Haig is going to be in some new movie about a clown. I saw it listed on the IMDB. I think it is due out in 2006.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

I just watched Foxy Brown last night, arguabley the greatest of Jack Hill's exploitation movies. Anyway, Sid Haig is in it as a wild-eyed pilot smuggling dope across the border. I turned to my wife and said, "You know, he was kind of creepy looking even back then."

Comment

Originally posted by Bradi
                I just watched Foxy Brown last night, arguabley the greatest of Jack Hill's exploitation movies. Anyway, Sid Haig is in it as a wild-eyed pilot smuggling dope across the border. I turned to my wife and said, "You know, he was kind of creepy looking even back then."
                Ya, I saw that too, that was cool. :D

I also caught a glimpse of Sid in an epsoide of Buck Rogers.

I guess he was actually in four episodes,they were two-parters.

He is in a bunch of stuff. He even had a very small part of Diamonds Are Forever.

There are a couple of Sid Haig interviews floating out there on the internet that are pretty cool. I'd like to see some of his other stuff.

You probaly know Sid played the judge in Jackie Brown. ;)

-Lemec

Edit: Here is one interview that I enjoyed, it took place after House of 1,000 Corpses: *Warning* Strong Language* in interview.

http://www.freewebs.com/kickasshorro..._interview.htm

and the IMBD has a list of all the tv shows and movies that Sid was in. ;)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0354085/

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
                X