Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

A Vaguely MM film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Vaguely MM film

The Sword Of the Valiant 1980 early 80s

Any of you seen this film?

It stars Miles o Keefe as a heroic prince who goes on various adventures.

He has a familiar hairstyle, like certain pictrures of elric etc.

Or it could be the way certain heros are shown, as pale and pretty and heroic, and such.
    Any way, thought you people should know about this.

I've seen it, but it was a long time ago. I can't remember much about it.

I can't imagine Elric with an enormous bouffant like Gawain's.

Comment

"How much O'Keefe is in this movie?"

"MILES O' Keefe!"

Comment

lol somebody is an MST3k fan.

The Iron Warrior and The Cave Dwellers,now those were funny movies with Miles O'Keefe.

The funniest movie to this day that was supposed to be a serious movie was a gem called "Treasure of the Four Crowns" -Tony Anthony.

I think it may have been one of those ones that they attempted to put in 3D. Things would stick out from the screen!

I never did figure out where the Fourth Crown was, they only showed three and then the movie ended.

Sword of the Valiant is also called Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.

A Miles O'Keefe movie quote,"Alright then,daggers!"

That movie is most known for Sean Connery getting his head chopped off and unlike Highlander, he picks it up and puts it back on,haha.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Yes, i can remember that "Green Knight" character. What a movie, real art.... :D

Comment

Too bouffant for me... :D
            \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

I've only ever seen bits of this film. The only two things I can remember about are Sean Connery getting his head cut off and a rescue mission to save a princess that goes horribly wrong. I remember her trying to send out a signal to let Gawain know where she was but instead sets her cell on fire and he couldn't reach her in time.

Originally posted by Mikey_C
              Too bouffant for me... :D
              It is one hellavah bouffant.

Comment

Working...
              X