Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Kung Fu Hustle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kung Fu Hustle

Very crazy movie - well worth seeing.
    Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

I loved this movie. It didnt take it self to seriously and still managed to be action packed HK cinema.

Comment

They've just started showing the trailer for this film at our cinema, and the newspaper reviews are raving about it. It does look very funny, and I always like seeing action stretched to the point of absurdity. In many ways I'm reminded of the superhero comics I used to read as a child. They were much stranger and funnier than the big name brooders who get the deja vu movie adaptations. What price a Mister Miracle movie?
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

:D Excellent film!

The Kung-Fu is just beautiful to watch, particularly the drunken style practised by Yuen Wah (the landlord) and the Hung-Ga Kung-Fu of Chiu Chi Ling (the tailor)

Great to see those old names again

If you don't know your Wing-tchun from your Si-lum then its still a great movie, very, very funny.

Watch it, and if you've already seen it, watch it again! ;)
        \"It got worse. He needed something to cure himself. What? he asked. M-A 19 he answered.\"

Comment

I loved Kung Fu Hustle. Have any of you seen Shoalin Soccer? It's with the wonderful Steven Chow.. That guy is a comic master so much humor wraped-up in all the movies he does.

Comment

Working...
          X