Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

I'm looking for a movie!!!! *Help*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking for a movie!!!! *Help*

I'm looking for a movie or documentary where workers take over a factory or something.. "Take ?? ?? " (something) ????? :roll:

Naomi Klein did a documentray entitled "The Take" about Argentine workers who take over an auto-parts plant.

"In the wake of Argentina’s spectacular economic collapse in 2001, Latin America’s most prosperous middle class finds itself in a ghost town of abandoned factories and mass unemployment. In suburban Buenos Aires, thirty unemployed auto-parts workers walk into their idle factory, roll out sleeping mats and refuse to leave. All they want is to re-start the silent machines. But this simple act —the take —has the power to turn the globalization debate on its head."

http://www.nfb.ca/webextension/thetake/
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Didn't KdF-Wagen become Volkswagen by way of a similar exercise?

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
        Naomi Klein did a documentray entitled "The Take" about Argentine workers who take over an auto-parts plant.

"In the wake of Argentina’s spectacular economic collapse in 2001, Latin America’s most prosperous middle class finds itself in a ghost town of abandoned factories and mass unemployment. In suburban Buenos Aires, thirty unemployed auto-parts workers walk into their idle factory, roll out sleeping mats and refuse to leave. All they want is to re-start the silent machines. But this simple act —the take —has the power to turn the globalization debate on its head."

http://www.nfb.ca/webextension/thetake/
        Thanks a million PWV!
        I wont forget it!

Comment

Originally posted by Theocrat
          Thanks a million PWV!
          I wont forget it!
          Ah, I have made allies with the Theocrat of Pan Tang. That's a good thing... right?

Originally posted by TheAdlerian
          How the F did you know that from that post PWV!
          Good one!
          It's odd what little things will spark a memory in someone else. A seeming small amount of info can be a wealth of it to the right person.

There was a thread in the Q&A the other day in which someone mentioned a story with six-legged dogs. That little tidbit sent my brain whirling through works of people from E.R. Burroughs to A.E. vonVogt. I didn't come up with the right answer in that case, however. :?
          "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
          --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

There is a tv drama called "North and South" adapted from Elizabeth Gaskell's novel. Mill workers storm their factory to stop it from being shut down. I realise it doesn't have the word, "Take" in the title. :?

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
              Originally posted by Theocrat
              Thanks a million PWV!
              I wont forget it!
              Ah, I have made allies with the Theocrat of Pan Tang. That's a good thing... right?
              *Snickers..* Well that depends.. If you try to disrupt the 'Workers of crooked houses union' in Pan Tang. I wont look upon you sympathetically..

Comment

Working...
              X