Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What other books would you guys like to see filmed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What other books would you guys like to see filmed?

I know we are all happy that Elric is finally going to be filmed, but I was wondering what other books of Mr. M.'s you guys would like to see made into movies. My own preference is Corum, especially the 2nd series of books. I am re-reading them right now. These stories seem especially cinematic to me, and there are a ton of great battles between the forces of the Mabden and the Fhoi Myore.

Hmm, well why not Corum? But I wouldn't necessarily say "battles make a film cinematic", they only make them expensive, and can easily dull down a film.
    My choice for other films based on MM's books would be "The City in the Autumn Stars" - that's got extremely filmic qualities and you've got the actors for it.
    And as a kind of "Art-House" film I'd surely like to see "The Brothel in Rosenstrasse", but I'd rather have the French or Czechs make it.
    (or a Woody Allen version? )

So, in any case: Happy New Film Year to all!

Comment

I'd rather see Woody Allen portray the Death Star in a remake of Star Wars.

Originally posted by L'Etranger
      Hmm, well why not Corum? But I wouldn't necessarily say "battles make a film cinematic", they only make them expensive, and can easily dull down a film.
      My choice for other films based on MM's books would be "The City in the Autumn Stars" - that's got extremely filmic qualities and you've got the actors for it.
      And as a kind of "Art-House" film I'd surely like to see "The Brothel in Rosenstrasse", but I'd rather have the French or Czechs make it.

The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

OH - and how about "The Warlord of the Air"? I adore daring gentlemen actors in bush shirts and Zulu War-style pith helmets (since Cary Grant & Gunga Din). Not to be misunderstood, I like ladies wearing pith helmets even more (hmmm, Ava Gardner in "Mogambo" ah!)...

Google ergo sum

Comment

War Hound and the World's Pain is one I'd like to see on the big screen. Hawkmoon would make a fantastic film or mini-series. :)

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger

OH - and how about "The Warlord of the Air"? I adore daring gentlemen actors in bush shirts and Zulu War-style pith helmets (since Cary Grant & Gunga Din). Not to be misunderstood, I like ladies wearing pith helmets even more (hmmm, Ava Gardner in "Mogambo" ah!)...

The battles aren't really all that make the books cinematic. I can see the characters and places in those books so clearly in mind's eye. The hellish winter of the fhoi myore. Misshapen giants in the mist. Gaynor's armor. The golden hue of the oak forest at twilight. Bahlar's single eye opening to freeze all before him. God, those books are just full of so many great images. Probably among the most cinematic of Mr. M's works in my opinion.

Comment

I'd like to see a film version of WARLORD OF THE AIR. The air ships would look wonderful on the big screen!

Comment

Amen to that! That book would make a great movie.

Comment

I think that the Dancers At The End Of Time Time would make great viewing.

Comment

i always thought hawkmoon would be great. not to mention when alot of the general populace watched, and realized the connections, theyd probably crap themselves. :P

Comment

Originally posted by sphinxgod
                      I think that the Dancers At The End Of Time Time would make great viewing.
                      Yes, and parts of it should be shot on some timeless, remote Scottish isle, I'd say, with a wee bit of colour-matching in the lab to add a touch of purple.
                      Google ergo sum

Comment

I think all mm books would be wicked exept the cornelius stories cos thats kinda scary. The sword and sorcery stuffs best.

Comment

Yeah... War Hound and the World's Pain is great, and would be great to see on the screen... By the way, all the von Bekآ´s are Good but War Hound and the Worldآ´s Pain is the one that would be best as a movie, I think.

Comment

To tell the truth i think that the Kane stories would make a most excellent adaptaion to the big screen.

Comment

Behold the man
                              would probably translate to film nicely :roll:

Comment

Working...
                              X