Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Star Wars hype: Once bitten, twice shy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars hype: Once bitten, twice shy...

I was in my late 20s when the marketing for "Star Wars Episode One: The Phantom Menace" started up. The trailers were FANTASTIC! The interviews were intriguing, and encouraging.

Then the movie was bloody awful.

This time around things are shaping up the same way. In fact I'd say I'm already waiting for the other shoe to drop when I haven't even heard the first one fall.

Seriously, those "Phantom Menace" trailers were SUPERB! And then the movie was awful.

I'm physically incapable of getting my hopes up* this time around.

Discuss.

(*cue predictable ribaldry)

I'm currently avoiding all the Bond trailers and hype. All the pre-release guff for Skyfall spoiled my enjoyment of it first time around as I'd seen most of the good bits already. I've enjoyed it more since because I've been watching the film not the spectacle.

Some of the review headlines for Spectre have been encouraging but I haven't read beyond the opening paragraphs.

You may be better off doing the same Wethewax, then you can draw your own conclusions about the new Star Wars film without having other peoples' opinions pre-empting them.

Comment

Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
      You may be better off doing the same Wethewax, then you can draw your own conclusions about the new Star Wars film without having other peoples' opinions pre-empting them.
      This bemuses me.

I ALWAYS draw my own conclusions whether I listen to other people's opinions or not. Also I mentioned trailers, not other people's opinions, so.....yea, whatever mate.

Comment

I think I watched em to see what Darth Sidious was up to. He was kind of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Wethewax View Post
          Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
          This bemuses me.

I ALWAYS draw my own conclusions whether I listen to other people's opinions or not. Also I mentioned trailers, not other people's opinions, so.....yea, whatever mate.

Comment

Working...
          X