Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What film(s) are you watching now (2015)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mad Max Fury Road

Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!
    I('d) tell you all, we are young at the end of this cycle, and there may be no rest even when we are done.- Devin Townsend

Comment

The utterly strange White God

Comment

The Visit

Surprisingly good movie. The middle act wasn't great but it started and ended well.

Comment

Originally posted by lemec View Post
          I am watching Blade Runner
          I watched it again for the umpteenth time last night, I think every time I watch it it actually gets better. Masterpiece!

Comment

I watched "A Fistful of Dollars" earlier, and now I'm watching "For a Few Dollars More". Dunno if I'll get to "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" tonight, but I will soon.

Comment

My wife and I took the kids to watch Pan. I was not expecting much and got I decent adventure film with dark tones although clearly directe, to kids.
              "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
              "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

David Bowie: Five Years (the documentary)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                - Michael Moorcock

Comment

SINISTER 2
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fChx_YZUAR0
                  Having not seen the 1st one was not a problem.

Just imagine Hellraiser cenobites use camera & projecting devices instead of cube and prey on bullied or bullying children rather than adult.
                  The movie is also an allegory of how violent pictures on TV/computer/theatre could turn innocent children evil or increase the inner evil side hidden in them.

A warning for every parents leaving their children watching Crime TV Series where the main character is actually the evil guy (Criminal Minds, Narcos, CSI...) who stands "alone against the World" as the nietzschian ـbermensch he believes to be.
                  This proves, if needed, Elric saga, despite black magic reference, is safer than these series as he is aware that he is cursed, doomed, weak,... and that Stormbringer (that could symbolize the firearm teenage juvenile delinquent dreams of) constantly turns against him.

Comment

San Andreas

Awesome. :)

Surprisingly, it involves Dwayne Johnson acting. Properly acting.
                    He hasnt done that for ages!
                    He's not obnoxious when he's acting properly.

It's very convincing. Most of the effects were real. And the CGI is based on things that can happen. Not floaty unconvincing rubbish. Which is awesome.

My husband rented Fast And The Furious 6 and 7 on PS4. Shudder. I ignored it best I could.
                    Total and utter garbage. Painfully stupid.

I don't care about physics etc normally.
                    All I want is it looks convincing.

But that scene with the safe is REALLY WRONG!
                    It made my mind itch looking at it.
                    I saw it in passing and it looks so wrong!

I also saw a bit which ripped off the old italian jobs ending.
                    But also felt wrong. On a physics level.

Most of it is really wrong and disconnected.

They've had so much money they're millionaires by now! But always going back to crime! For no reason whatsoever!
                    All they have to do is go to somewere with no extradition treaty to america, live on the money forever!
                    They didnt even need the stolen money in the first film! They've got a business! Dominic could open a garage!
                    They would be fine making money legitimately.
                    But now it's getting beyond a joke.

They REALLY need to stop making these films!
                    It's ridiculous!
                    They ar'nt even about cars anymore!

Till 3 they were at least about car racing!
                    The boy in 3 got into street racing and at least had a reason to stay there!

But now it's just the same old rubbish repeatedly.
                    With no car racing.
                    Last edited by Grivessillus; 10-24-2015, 02:35 PM.
                    Going Linear Is The Only Game Garanteed To Drive You Mad

Comment

• Lots of old, classic and b-horror films this Halloween...

Started with the 1932 voodoo classic White Zombie starring Bela Lugosi now on William Castle's 1959 House On Haunted Hill starting Vincent Price. I haven't decided yet what's next. I'm thinking either Spider Baby or Little Shop Of Horrors.

Happy Halloween everyone!
                      "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
                      'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Of Shadows View Post
                        Lots of old, classic and b-horror films this Halloween...

Started with the 1932 voodoo classic White Zombie starring Bela Lugosi now on William Castle's 1959 House On Haunted Hill starting Vincent Price. I haven't decided yet what's next. I'm thinking either Spider Baby or Little Shop Of Horrors.

Happy Halloween everyone!
                        Watching some Buffy, thinking of watching, Bride of Frankenstein, later on.

Happy Happy Halloween!

Comment

Working...
                        X