Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

All things DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All things DC

_____The DC Movies Thread_________

The Batman is coming.

Did you see the Batsuit for Superman 2?

Can you dig it?

Interesting Batmobile as well.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

After SDCC there were some Xena-Wonder Woman comparisons.

The youtube clip of Bats & Supes from the con seemed interesting.

This time, I guess it's a direct borrow from The Dark Knight Returns.

Keep mining the best, maybe later on the movies will be more original tales.

At least they don't need to do the origins again.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

I know DC has many movies planned and perhaps scheduled to 2019 (thereabouts) {is Blade Runner set in 2019? I need to watch that again, I guess Back to the Future 2 takes place in 2015} Anyway....., however it does seem that Marvel movies and TV Series are more prominent. Marvel might be faster in whipping these films out as well. Well, I guess there is no question to that. I think they got the head start on the DC Universe. Sure, there is Nolan's Batman and then there is Arrow and Superman, Green Lantern (failed), but to me it seems that Marvel is really standing out, king of the mountain in more variety and in other fields. Daredevil TV and that Netflix-Marvel deal, etc.

I do not know what The Flash is like yet, but the trailer did not sell me on it for the most part.

It might come down to serious versus whimsical.

Whimsy may win the box office. And win the prolonged DVD and Instant Video Sales and Rentals.

Audiences are ready for the serious James Bond at present as opposed to the Roger Moore James Bond.

I think that now, the times are that the general audience prefers a Roger Moore type influence to Comic Book Films and not the over serious mood of the DC Comic Book Movies.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Wonder Woman 1984 looks so good!

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
        X