Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Anyone seen "Rock & Roll High School"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen "Rock & Roll High School"?

Man that movie was really weird... I like the ramones to some degree.
    But i've never understood the hype around the Ramones.. Especially amongst chicks..

I never even considered them a Punk group.. Just a great "Maximum
    R & R" band. Hell i don't even consider Sex pistols as particularly a 'punk' band.

"Have a nice day"! :) ;) :) :) *erm* weekend!

/Theocrat

Good movie, though a bit over-rated I always thought. Love the Ramones and don't see how you could not think them punk since they invented the two and a half chord two minute solo-less punk song. Wonder why this isn't in the "Rock 'n Roll" forum rather than Q&A.
    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Opps.. sorry man... had lost my way.. Again.

"Have u ever been into a room. And you don't know why u went in there in the first place?"

Quote/
      G. Carlin.

Comment

Maybe George Carlin was a cat in a past life. I have had two cats and both would run into a room like it was important to get there fast.Once there they would look around like why am I here? Then leave.We could throw Carlin off a building and see if he lands on his feet. :D

Comment

Yeah, what is with cats?

I had a cat once that adored me (and merely tolerated my apartment-mate, which drove him crazy since she was, at least theoretically, "his" cat).

If I closed my bedroom door, she'd start clawing at the carpeting wanting to get in.
          Fine, c'mon in.
          I close the door, and she's now clawing at the carpeting wanting to get out.

Okay, okay, the door stays open. :)

It's been ten years since I had that cat (or rather, the cat had ME) and I still close the bedroom door only very seldomly. :D

And r.i.p. to nearly all of the Ramones guys..... I think there's only one left.

Comment

I love the Ramones, they must be one of the most influential bands in Rock Music. I had the pleasure of seeing them live twice, and feel fortunate that I got to see this most legendary band. To me Punk is Rock and Roll.

Comment

Working...
            X