Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Movie:The grudge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie:The grudge

I dont know if you have previewed the movie, The grudge but it looks so freggin scarry its amazing. i saw the original japanese movie called "jui-on" and it is very good. i cant wait to see what the director Sam Raimi will do with this movie when its released in america. if anyone is intrested in horror films, i'd say to check this one out because i believe it will be the best one released in a long time.Sam Raimi is an awesome horror director so it will be great!

I saw The Ring (not the Japanese version :( ) so I am willing to give this movie a chance.

Comment

Why are American film makers directly
      ripping off Japanese horror cinema?

Is USA that bereft of creativity?

Romero's making a new zombie flick, Land of the Dead.

I'm a big Evil Dead fan, by the way.
      \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
      Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

This movie looks offciially very scray. Officially.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerico
          Is USA that bereft of creativity?
          Creativity is running short these days. They are also doing a remake of the "Lone Wolf And Cub" samurai movies. Wondering if the Japanese movie makers are getting payed for all these remakes of their movies.

I don't know why americans aren't more creative.. Maybe it's LARD?

Comment

I like Tarantino's Kill Bill, but it's like ripping off as many ideas as possible, and not being apologetic, because it's paying "homage," adding one or two novel ideas and putting it into one long movie!

But that's a kind of ripping off I'm tolerant to, I guess.

Ghost World is still one of my favorite movies that seems original enough for me. But I've seen it around 10 times already, so it's not as amusing anymore! :(
            \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
            Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Originally posted by Jerico
              I like Tarantino's Kill Bill, but it's like ripping off as many ideas as possible, and not being apologetic, because it's paying "homage," adding one or two novel ideas and putting it into one long movie!

But that's a kind of ripping off I'm tolerant to, I guess.

Ghost World is still one of my favorite movies that seems original enough for me. But I've seen it around 10 times already, so it's not as amusing anymore! :(
              Like you said, Kill Bill was unapologetic about ripping off 70s Hong Kong and Japanese Cinema. So in my book that makes it ok. These Movies like the Ring and Grudge, were actually movies that were released in Japan. At least Tarantino wrote an original script.

Comment

Lone Wolf And Cub
                As in the old adventure game books?!?

Comment

Originally posted by TheEighthSon
                  Lone Wolf And Cub
                  As in the old adventure game books?!?
                  No as in the Old Samurai Films about the Shoguns Executioner forced to flee for his life, and push his baby around in a babycart full of deathtraps. Its really good stuff. Its available on VHS and DVD if you wanna check it out.

By the way, this trailer gives me the creeps as well.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/white_noise/

Comment

Like you said, Kill Bill was unapologetic about ripping off 70s Hong Kong and Japanese Cinema.
                    Don't forget to add that it ripped off The Good the Bad and the Ugly ( Vol 2 ripped it off big time).

Comment

Actually Quentin Went on record saying that vol.2 was a tribute to spaghetti westerns. So i guess that makes it not AS bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X