Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Just wanted to start a discussion on this up and coming movie. Some questions I'd Like to ask is what are some of the expectations you guys are looking for this film to hit the big screen? Also who are your favorite SW characters and do you think Lucas will fullfill the story to satisfy all of his fans?

Anyways lets here your comments I personally look forward to this film.

Seeing the triology is finally coming out on DVD anyone know of what extras that will be shown on it.

Comment

PLEASE
      PLEASE
      PLEASE

let Hayden Christensen be less wooden, cardboard cutout (i could do a better job!!) than Attack of the Clones.... :roll:

PLEASE
      PLEASE
      PLEASE

let us see some serious drama, let us grasp and FEEL why Anakin became Darth Vader. So far, the most interesting character development in the whole darned thing is Obi Wan.

Comment

Im expecting good things from this one. Theres rumblings its going to get a PG-13 rating. A first in starwars movie history. It sounds to me like this one is going to be dark, darker than empire. I mean theres Anakin Becoming Vader, the Genocide of The Jedi Order, the coming of the Empire, ya know all that happy stuff. Its gonna be good. It better be good, Lucas has a lot to make up for with Jar Jar Binks.

Comment

All I want from the movie is one thing:

Kickin' lightsaber duels.

I'll look for deeper stuff from better writers.
          Best/Mario

Comment

The Forxe is weak in this one

Yes to that!

I believe Mace Windu will be liquidated by Bobba Fett for Mace's extra close hairdo on his father, Jango.
            As Darth told him off in TESB, I think I maybe right.
            Yes to Chewbacca vs a load of clones
            Yes to Mace vs Bobba Fett
            Yes to Anakin vs Palpatine
            Yes to Anakin vs Dooku
            Yes to OB1 vs Anakin

I also hope we see one of those "Big Corellian Ships" in action.

Although the emphasis will now change. I think a feeling of Luke Who? will sweep the board as the story becomes Anakin-centric.

And why DV didn't just go back to tattoine to find all the answers is beyond me. Unless he was a double agent working for Yoda all along.

And was the galaxy really better off under anarchic rebel rule at the end of all of it?

And I very much doubt if Justin Timberlake would be as popular as he is now if he hadn't starred in SWII:AOTC as Anakin Skywalker.
            "What do you think you're doing? This is a closed set!"

Comment

Re: The Forxe is weak in this one

Originally posted by muckyshoe

And I very much doubt if Justin Timberlake would be as popular as he is now if he hadn't starred in SWII:AOTC as Anakin Skywalker.
              HAHA. Thats funny.

Comment

I was quite excited by the trailer :oops:

Let's hope this one makes up for the other prequel films. I mean, old George 'the beard' Lucas can't really go wrong with such an old story - turning to the dark side and all that jazz.... Can he?... Ha ha ha ha. Hope he did a bit of research and read a few of the Elric stories beforehand.

Anakin 'It's not fair!' Skywalker Vs Elric - who do think would win? :roll:

MD

Comment

Abuse the Force, Luke

Frankly I have little faith in SWIII being any good, but I will see it for the sake of completeness.

SW was never grand, intelligent drama, but it was entertaining and had more story and character development than a lot of Sci-Fi movies, especially of the day. But anything I liked from the original trilogy was lost in SW I and II. The new movies almost appear to be a parody of Star Wars, and they were so much BRIGHTER (as in physical brightness, not intelligence :)) over the originals. It just didn't work for me.

The big thing about the originals when they came out was their amazinf F/X. Okay, that remained, but the writing actually got WORSE with the new ones. And I hate Jar Jar Binks even more than a I hated the damned Ewoks.

And I think the age of melodramatic space opera has ended for now. Harder SF is more "in", and after this last gasp I frankly hope that's the last I hear about SW for some time. Lucas has kicked the dead horse into mushy dog food by now, it has been bled dry and all of it, bones, skin, sphincter and everything else has been used up.

I've lost a lot of respect for George Lucas over the past few years of constantly repackaging SW and reselling it in every form imaginible.

All that's left now is to see if Star Wars goes out with a mighty roar, or a pathetic whimper.

Comment

Well the 'original' trilogy box set they put out just recently - is all geared around the marketing of Episode 3, 8 minutes of behind the scenes footage (sans effects) are one of the main selling points of the set. You kinda get the feeling George is holding back.

That inevitably means we will see a 'definitive' release sometime in the future - but not before Lucas has squeezed his fans for a few more $$$. Hopefully we'll see a

Its annoying to see someone like Lucas, treat his fans with so little respect. He clearly had a vision for the original trilogy, but its dispiriting to see the movies a whole generation grew up with become a cash cow. With the special editions he interfered a bit too much. Personally I'd have preferred if he'd stuck to the unintrusive stuff (like the background CGI in Mos Eisley), but it got a bit out of control with the Jabba scene, and Greedo shooting first. Lucas now regards the 'super special edition' which is on the DVD as being the definitive star wars, and he has said he won't release the original version. Be interesting to see how that pans out.

There is an spoiler out there on the net charting the storyline of episode 3, scene for scene. In terms of spectacle at least - its not going to disappoint. There is a wookiee army in this one, which you get to see in the trailer. Got to be better than the dwarf actors league...

Comment

I believe Mace Windu will be liquidated by Bobba Fett for Mace's extra close hairdo on his father, Jango.
                      As Darth told him off in TESB, I think I maybe right.
                      Yes to Chewbacca vs a load of clones
                      Yes to Mace vs Bobba Fett
                      Yes to Anakin vs Palpatine
                      Yes to Anakin vs Dooku
                      Yes to OB1 vs Anakin
                      Not a bad list but dosn't Yoda need to get :D medieval on someone?

Comment

Weve already seen yoda get medieval. I would like to see it again however, maybe against General Grievous.

Comment

True I guess, but it was serious class. Maybe he'll have to take on Anakin? 8O

Comment

I've read the leaked script for Episode 3 - I can tell you what happens if you like
                            Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

NOOOOOOOO! 8O

May the Force turn against you If you allow such blasphemy to pass your lips!

Comment

Working...
                              X