Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Some casting ideas for MM stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azariel
    replied
    Re: unknown actors

Originally posted by Bunny
    I agree entirely with the idea that using unknown (or at least relatively unknown) actors for the Elric movies (or any other films based on Michael Moorcock's books) would allow the audience to connect with the story, rather than play "oh look it's him/her, wasn't she in that film..."
    With scifi/fantasy movies, films have the great opportunity of casting unknowns into the spotlight, since fans are coming to see the sets, the CGI, the fights, the demons, and over all look of the film. Fans don't care much who'll plat the characters only they look like them. We care Brad Pitt, Depp who another played them - yes, cause the movie would be about them, not Melnibone, which is more important.

Same thing happened with Troy. Everyone gave the bigshot actors, Brad Pitt and Bloom their fame, though it was the veteran actor Peter O' Toole who saved the movie and had the best preformance. And he's pretty much treated like an unknown and barely credited. C'mon man, its Lawrance of Arabia for heavens sake! :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Bunny
    replied
    unknown actors

I agree entirely with the idea that using unknown (or at least relatively unknown) actors for the Elric movies (or any other films based on Michael Moorcock's books) would allow the audience to connect with the story, rather than play "oh look it's him/her, wasn't she in that film..."

There are a hell of a lot of good theatre actors out there, who would probably do justice to the characters in the stories.

I think it's going to be hard finding actors who satisfy everyone's ideas of what the characters from the novels should look and sound like. Personally, I rather like the idea of Michael Moorcock having the final choice over casting, as after all, he is the most qualified when it comes to his stories!

And I think then it would actually be interesting to see the films, because you'd know then how Michael imagined these characters when he was writing the stories.

Leave a comment:

• Alexa
    replied
    Hmm... well, unknown actors would be best for this movie, for the audience won't conect 'em to anything, but focus on a new idea (excemption for all those who already read the books, but, at least in my city, there won't be much -impossible to find books of Mr. M here-) with new actors.

Leave a comment:

• Pellaz
    replied
    Originally posted by yolanda
    How about the cast of A Knights Tale That was cool!
    Well, Paul Bettany has often been mentioned for Elric. (He played Chaucer in Knight's Tale.) I wouldn't have thought of him m'self, but that's why I'm not a casting director. :) I think he'd do well.

Leave a comment:

• Yisselda
    replied
    I dont mind adam sandler ( dont like him tho) & Will Farrell, ugh.

I was thinking David Thewlis or the like for someone.

One thing, no split screen, PLEASE!!!!! It detracts and impairs rather than helps.

Robbin Williams could be a victim, maybe, so long as he cant get screen time, just scream time! Just the right lengh before he gets annoying.A half minute minute then!

Rufus Sewell is cute.

Jake Gyllanthal HES HOT HUNKY AND CUTE! Just saw him in the Day After Tommorow. Rancid film, great acters(some)

Dennis Quaid from the Day After Tommorrow. Hes cool.

Some other people who were way too good for that heap of cliche linked special effects TDAT.

And please make sure the producer and directers good, or itll be another TDAT or Deep Impact!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Leave a comment:

• Kitsune
    replied
    I happen to like Robin Williams.... he was in some very good films before he won an Oscar... now the ones after that suck.

The kind of vitrol you express, I reserver for people like Adam Sandler and Will Farrel....

Leave a comment:

• Yisselda
    replied
    PLEASE NO NO ROBIN WILLIAMS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
    HATE THE MAN
    HE MAKES ME SICK
    AWEFULL IN ALL HE DOES
    JUMANJI WAS A GOOD FILM, BUT IT WERNT HIM MAKIN IT SO!!!!!!

ON THE SUBJECT OF AWFULL
    TWO WEEKS OR SO AGO I HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIANCE, I SAW SOMETHING TERRIBLE. BATTLEFIELD EARTH! OH MY GODS, NOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOO! PLEASE PLEASE ANY MM FILM TVV ETC CANT BE THAT BAD! ITS NOT POSSIBBLE, JUST HOPE IT DOSSNT TURN OUT THAT BAD, FOR YOUR SANITY. iT TOOK 15 MINUTES TO DO A SCENE THAT SHOULD HAVE TAKEN 5. THE NEXT SCENE OPENED UP FROM THE MIDDLE! AND YOU COULDNT HAVE THOUGHT THEY COULD MAKE SOMETHING WORSE THAN SPLIT SCREEN, SO TACKY AND STUPID AND INTRUSIIVE AND SILLY AND DUMB! THEY CAN! *CENTRE/SPLIT SCREEN* UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I WIPED IT ALL EVERY BIT FROM MY MIND!
    20 HELLISH MINUTES AND ITS TRAUMATICC! THE HORROR!

Just pointing it out. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Leave a comment:

• Kitsune
    replied
    I don't know if he's the best casting for Arioch, but maybe Robin Williams as the jester of the gods.

Leave a comment:

• Typhoid_Mary
    replied
    Christopher Lee as Arioch. Mr Moorcock should get on the blower and find out if he's still interested.

Leave a comment:

• Yisselda
    replied
    How about the cast of A Knights Tale That was cool!

Leave a comment:

• Yisselda
    replied
    Some more
    Wrestllers
    Batista AKA Dave Batista Hes a hunk and hes big and cool and fearsomme
    The undertaker hes cool and sinisterr
    Kane AKA Glenn Jacobs he is rumoured to be getting into a horror movie/s funded by WWE Hes wicked and cool does a lot of acting now as Kane
    The Rock AKA Dwane Johnson I know Welcome to the Jungle with pants (I think)and juvenille and was like a boy wrote it and was for boys and cartoons have more sense and writing but he can act and hes hot
    Sean o Haire hunky hot man
    Actors
    Vin Diesel I know certain people are being horrid about the chroniccles of Riddick but it looks cool and hes hot hunky and he can act

And Ashton Kutcher would make a great Elric or somone

Charlie Hunam cute guy from great expectations pale

The girl who plays Tasha in Home and away I dont know her name but she is georgeous She really is, it takes a lot for me to like a female
    Sam from family affairs hes hot
    Pete callan from FA hes a good baddie
    Noah H&A
    Kane H&A
    Alex H&A
    Robbie Coltrainn Well he can play Hagrid!
    The new Dumbledore dont rememberr his name but hes good
    Id have said Richard harris the first Dumbledore , but hes dead. Id have said Sadric or someone
    A cat as whisskers etc
    A snake as Perrsimmon
    Eric Bana hes good I want to see the HULK film it looks cool
    Owen wilson &/or the other wilsons
    Kirsten Dunst shes a great Maryy jane Perfect! And thats sayin someeting!!!!!
    Tobey Maguire Hes a grewat spiderman
    Alfred Molina He brings Docter octapus to life A feat few could achieve! I d like to see the spiderman films sometimme !!!!!
    Rose Magowan From Charmed A good Cymoril or someone
    Flyynn H&A
    Gil Grysom of CSI Hes good
    Vincent Donl.llfrio( names not right) of Law and Order Criminal intent(the best one really) Hed be a good someone
    But of all things NO JIM CARREY!!!!!! Hes the new 6 Million Doller Man I dont like the series or films but for sanities sake A COMEDY VERSION!!!!!! Any way it should be the 12 Million Doller Man . Inflattion , you know. :D

Leave a comment:

• Aurus
    replied
    I think Ewan McGregor could be a good Moonglum.

Leave a comment:

• Ribitt
    replied
    Hmm... what about Dennis Storhoi (Herger from The 13th Warrior) as Moonglum? Seth Green could also be a good choice.
    And perhaps David Thewlis as Rackhir...

Leave a comment:

• gabby2600
    replied
    Well of course their is 'Christian Bale.'

He was excelent in Equilibrium, and will probably be one of the best ever Batmen.

Leave a comment:

• Kitsune
    replied
    Re: Some casting ideas for MM stuff

As in most cases.... unknow actors tend to be the best....
    Originally posted by yolanda
    I have some georgeous hunks and ladies here who i think would make great characters in any MM film game series etc
    Ashton kutcher Hes hot and would be a great elric or someone
    Seann williams scott I quote " Hes fit " "Yes he is" another female and me talking about the hunk. Plus he can act. More comedy than straight though
    Julien macmahon of charmed and nip and tuck
    Poppy macdonald of Without a trace
    some more later :twisted:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X