Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Some casting ideas for MM stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unknown actors

I agree entirely with the idea that using unknown (or at least relatively unknown) actors for the Elric movies (or any other films based on Michael Moorcock's books) would allow the audience to connect with the story, rather than play "oh look it's him/her, wasn't she in that film..."

There are a hell of a lot of good theatre actors out there, who would probably do justice to the characters in the stories.

I think it's going to be hard finding actors who satisfy everyone's ideas of what the characters from the novels should look and sound like. Personally, I rather like the idea of Michael Moorcock having the final choice over casting, as after all, he is the most qualified when it comes to his stories!

And I think then it would actually be interesting to see the films, because you'd know then how Michael imagined these characters when he was writing the stories.

Comment

Re: unknown actors

Originally posted by Bunny
      I agree entirely with the idea that using unknown (or at least relatively unknown) actors for the Elric movies (or any other films based on Michael Moorcock's books) would allow the audience to connect with the story, rather than play "oh look it's him/her, wasn't she in that film..."
      With scifi/fantasy movies, films have the great opportunity of casting unknowns into the spotlight, since fans are coming to see the sets, the CGI, the fights, the demons, and over all look of the film. Fans don't care much who'll plat the characters only they look like them. We care Brad Pitt, Depp who another played them - yes, cause the movie would be about them, not Melnibone, which is more important.

Same thing happened with Troy. Everyone gave the bigshot actors, Brad Pitt and Bloom their fame, though it was the veteran actor Peter O' Toole who saved the movie and had the best preformance. And he's pretty much treated like an unknown and barely credited. C'mon man, its Lawrance of Arabia for heavens sake! :lol:

Comment

Working...
      X