Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Spider-Man 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider-Man 2

OK, I can't put it any better or use any decorum - Spider-Man 2 was un-f***ing-believable. So damn good! As a fan of the comics, I couldn't be more pleased.

I'm just waiting for Eddie Brock to make an appearance so that the Venom storyline can be delved into. That was a big strand, but I think Venom is famous enough to make it in there... I can but hope!
    Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Spidey 1 was rubbish. I take it 2 is better. In what way was it so great?

Comment

I agree, Spiderman 1 was absolute tosh.

Comment

Despite being a fan of the old cartoons, and also a fan of Sam Raimi (ever since Evil Dead, bless it), there isn't a single atom in my body that wants to see this film... I didn't see the first one either. I'm not why, because I think the character is a good one, but all of that CGI bothers me. Perhaps I've been watching too much Buffy, but I like being able to see a flesh and blood human jumping around and dealing out justice... a shiny mass of pixels going toe-to-toe with another shiny mass of pixels doesn't really do a great deal for me.

Sorry... Still, I'm sure Mr Raimi is too busy counting his money to worry about me sneering at him... maybe he'll make so much money he can buy his own TV station and bring back American Gothic? That would be good.

D...
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
          maybe he'll make so much money he can buy his own TV station and bring back American Gothic? That would be good.
          I loved that show. It created such a great atmosphere of dread and the claustrophobia of a small town. And Gary Cole played evil disturbingly well.

Comment

I liked Spider-Man 2 better than the first one. The second movie did a better job of showing what the story of Spider-man is about. In the second movie Peter Paker was always struggling and never able to defeat the villian (even though he now has unnatural abilities). Also, the villian was not realy bad, he was trying to do what he thought was best. Yes, the so called villian is a tragic character. Of course the special effects on the Spider-Man movies are not the best effects that I have seen.

Comment

Spider-Man 1, tosh? How so?

OK, I thought Spider-Man 2 was excellent for many reasons: 1. It captures the feel of the comics/cartoons that I love so much 2. The characters are presented in such a way that you can actually give a damn 3. Granted, the effects aren't the best out there, but where confrontations are concerned, they are brilliantly entertaining.

There are many more I could point out, but don't want to bore everyone. Needless to say - I loved it.
              Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

Well, I saw it on Friday, and I thought it was excellent. I think what raises Spiderman above some other franchises is the cast. Brilliant performances all around. I'm not very good with actors' names, but two who stood out for me was the young man who played Harry, the Green Goblin's son and Aunt May (I know she's English) Some brilliantly played scenes between her and Peter Parker.

Yes, the effect weren't as polished as we've come to expect - but who cares! It had me whooping and cheering in parts, to the embarassment of my flatmate :D

Great cameo by Bruce Campbell (I think - told you I'm crap at names!) as well. I won't spoil it here, but what an asshole!

Comment

Thanks, Miss Dreamy :)

I was beginning to feel out-numbered! And yes, it is Bruce Campbell. And yes, he was an asshole! :D

Comment

Yes, thought I'd put in the defensive - nothing like a rollicking super-hero film. And yes, I do have a soft spot for 'Superma' - bloody marvellous! :D

MD xx

Comment

Er... that's 'Superman' not 'Superma' - the Grandma with the spandex and cloak..... :oops:

Comment

Here was me thinking it was a homage to every mother across the country...

Comment

I greatly enjoyed both the movies, though I'm probably biased having been a fan of the old comics. I liked all the performances esp Alfred Molina's as Dr Otto Octavius, avuncular scientist turned maniac, although I did get a little Rod Hull/Emu flashback during a scene where one of his tentacles 'talks' to him over his shoulder. :)

Comment

Saw Spider-Man 2 yesterday and was all 8O. It is the best super-hero movie made to date. Didn't look like pixels fighting pixels to me. Looked like Spidey having his ass handed to him by Doc Ock most of the time. It was great!

:!: Oh, and if you want to see some really amazing stop-motion animation (and you happen to dig Legoآ® bricks like I do), go have your mind blown by this Quicktime movie:

http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplayli...tw=640&qth=400

Originally posted by Grey Mouser
                            I did get a little Rod Hull/Emu flashback during a scene where one of his tentacles 'talks' to him over his shoulder.
                            Great reference, GM!

http://povonline.com/cols/COL236.htm
                            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

saw spiderman 1 on DVD yesterday.

complete cack. enjoyed it though, despite some vomit inducing teen angst (no disrespect to younger forum members intended :) )

Comment

Working...
                              X