Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Marvel Thor Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel Thor Film

I am greatly looking forward to Marvel's Thor film, though it is not due for release until summer 2011. Its being directed by Kenneth Branagh, which I think Is an exciting and interesting choice.

I hope it's nice and weird. Isn't there a Luke Cage movie coming out? That'll be good too.

Comment

I'm really psyched about this movie. I started getting into Norse mythology my senior year of high school, and shortly after started collecting old Thor comics at flea markets (and a few nice cheap bundles on eBay). I hope they spend plenty of time in Asgard and other places. I know they're going to have to do it their way, and the old comics didn't exactly always go along with the mythology (i.e. Thor with no beard and with blond hair), but even if they do it their own way as long as they at least entertain me I'll be satisfied. If it winds up being mostly on Earth and has a plot revolving around Donald Blake or some other such Marvel character I probably won't enjoy it as much.
      "When the Eleatics denied motion, Diogenes, as everyone knows, came forward as an opponent. He literally did come forward, because he did not say a word but merely paced back and forth a few times, thereby assuming that he had sufficiently refuted them."
      - Sّren Kierkegaard

Comment

Originally posted by KarmanalOfZert View Post
        I'm really psyched about this movie. I started getting into Norse mythology my senior year of high school, and shortly after started collecting old Thor comics at flea markets (and a few nice cheap bundles on eBay). I hope they spend plenty of time in Asgard and other places. I know they're going to have to do it their way, and the old comics didn't exactly always go along with the mythology (i.e. Thor with no beard and with blond hair), but even if they do it their own way as long as they at least entertain me I'll be satisfied. If it winds up being mostly on Earth and has a plot revolving around Donald Blake or some other such Marvel character I probably won't enjoy it as much.
        I would like to see more Asgard. I never read those Kirby issues from Jane Foster's failure until John Buscema's run in the 2010's. I have been humming and ahhhing about buy the Marvel B & W books to fill in the gaps.

On the other hand, I am still in shock that DC decided to be so radical and bump off the New Gods.
        Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

Just hope it ain't another Daredevil. How they made a superhero into such a wuss I'll never know. Hope the don't screw up Goldilocks in the same way.

herb
          herb

Man spends his time on devising a more idiot proof computer. The universe spends its time devising bigger idiots. So far the universe is winning.

http://www.wolfshead.net/wolfshowl

http://www.wolfshead.net/books

Comment

[QUOTE=Pebble;189733]
            On the other hand, I am still in shock that DC decided to be so radical and bump off the New Gods.
            At least the Eternals are still around.
            “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

Comment

Here, we should pause and give thanks to the genius that was Jack (the King) Kirby!

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Hear hear!
                  “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, Jack Kirby is obviously nothing short of a legend. I have the first 20 issues of Fantastic Four (favorite comic when I was little) in a b&w compilation book like the one Pebble mentioned. Pretty sure he did those. I'm definitely satisfied with it and would recommend getting them to fill in gaps!
                    "When the Eleatics denied motion, Diogenes, as everyone knows, came forward as an opponent. He literally did come forward, because he did not say a word but merely paced back and forth a few times, thereby assuming that he had sufficiently refuted them."
                    - Sّren Kierkegaard

Comment

Yeah, Jack Kirby is obviously nothing short of a legend. I have the first 20 issues of Fantastic Four (favorite comic when I was little) in a b&w compilation book like the one Pebble mentioned. Pretty sure he did those. I'm definitely satisfied with it and would recommend getting them to fill in gaps!
                      I picked up Volume 5 of the FF (old library stock), where Kirby left and John Buscema took over.

Comment

I don't recall the exact number off the top of my head, but I think Kirby did the first 89 or so FF comics. I'm a big fan, and I have a lot of his work in my comic book collection (although I hesitate to use that word, because they are just "reading copies"). Not only did he illustrate, but he also co-created many of the great Marvel characters -- including the FF and Thor. He did some mighty fine writing and editing, too.

Comment

Being a fan of Marvel Since I was a little kid, I find it very exciting the way Marvel Studios are linking their films, the way Tony Stark appeared at the end of The Incredible Hulk, building up to future movies and eventually The Avengers in a few years.

Comment

I recently seen Iron Man 2. I loved it. Stay until the end of the credits!

Comment

Just got back from seeing Thor, Excellent, loved it. There is a lot of screen time in Asgard, which looked fantastic, and also other "fantasy realms", as well as modern day Earth. Great stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X