Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Crisis obseessed stories films tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crisis obseessed stories films tv

Has anyone noticed that in stories and stuff, they usualy start with a crisis and continuee with a crisis. I mean some take it too far like chaz brenchly (gods how did he get printed!) The thought of a calm happy book is good, im trying to do that with mine , but Perhaps, it begs the question= Would stories be intersting of they were too calm? A book about total peace and quiet and none action would perhaps be too far, but some go too far the other way. It leaves you no time to see characters. The day after tommorow is good example. But one thing thats dumb are those boring rom com s and certain other films. and stuff. I just think that books and film and tv and stuff should be more posativve and happy and full of love and fine beautiful things. Though one thing that is utterly cool is monsters and destruction and magics. A good monster and destuction and magics cheers me up no end. Perhaps it just based on how good and posativve the writing is. Gloomy endings are so dull and silly.

Re: Crisis obseessed stories films tv

Originally posted by yolanda
    I just think that books and film and tv and stuff should be more posativve and happy and full of love and fine beautiful things.
    I agree completely.

Comment

It has been said that conflict is the heart of fiction.
      Otherwise, what's the point?

Stories have conflict, but they are resolved.
      Stories can end happy, they can end sad. It's possible that the characters change; it's possible they don't. You can have positive messages in the story, perhaps not.

Conflict, Crisis (Climax), (anti-climax) Resolution => Fiction 101

Gustav Freitag's plot analysis (Upside-down check mark):
      exposition, complication, crisis, anti-climax, resolution.
      \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
      Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Working...
      X