Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

My personal apology to DeeCrowSeer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc
    replied
    Von-
    I was listening to the clips with my volume up a bit too much. I was listening to the first on, and of course my boss walked by right as Sam Jackson yells "mother fucker!" You have to laugh.

Leave a comment:

• DeeCrowSeer
    replied
    [Ahem]

Now I've settled down a bit, I can explain the theme song I was singing was from an imported cartoon called "Mysterious Cities of Gold", which seemed like genius when I was a child, but was probably rubbish. Any other Brits on a nostalgia kick should check out:

http://www.whimsy.demon.co.uk/gold/index.html

D...

Leave a comment:

• VonWeiner
    replied
    Guess the movie:

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    Originally posted by Jules
    Is bad CGI the styrofoam boulders of tommorow??
    No, they are the floppy prosthetic hobbit feet of today.

Leave a comment:

• Jules
    replied
    Is bad CGI the styrofoam boulders of tommorow??

Leave a comment:

• DeeCrowSeer
    replied
    Disclaimer: First official cider-fuelled, drunken post by DeeCrowSeer:

Well, if y'all are gonna make references to shows I've never seen, I'm gonna sing:

"Children of the sun,
    Now your time has just begun,
    Searching for something something,
    Through adventures every day..."

The City of Gold.. with that big plane made to look like an eagle... No? Just me then.

D...

Leave a comment:

• Jerico
    replied
    "Ogaanza! Ogaanza bisaasaa!" --Chaka (Land of the Lost)

[somethin somethin] to a thousand feet below...
    ... to the Land of the Looooost! ... to the Land of the LOOOOOOST!
    ::allisaurus ROOOAWR!::

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Land of the Lost! The sleazestacks (sp?) scared me to death when I was a kid. Apparently I was a bit of a wimp. :)

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    Land of the Lost!!! What a great show; Big fake, stryofoam boulders and all. Man, TV isn't the same these days.

Leave a comment:

• VonWeiner
    replied
    Johnny Quest was great. Haji is da man!

Here's a good site I found for tv theme's and sound clips.

http://www.fozzy42.com/SoundClips.html

Here's a few samples:

Land of the Lost

Fat Albert

The Twilight Zone

There's also alot of movie clips. There are a few other links on that site to other sound clip sites too. Good site.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
    10. Johnny Quest/Stop That Pigeon - The Reverend Horton Heat
    First of all, Berry, I'm very impressed with your Josie knowledge--especially the theme song :)

While we're outing ourselves about all things embarrassing...

I wss going through the list of theme songs and saw Johnny Quest. Man, I loved that show. I may have liked it more when I was 22 than when I was 8.

Leave a comment:

• DeeCrowSeer
    replied
    Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
    You should be deeply ashamed for admitting to liking a Violent Femmes song.
    I also liked their version of "I Can Change" from the South Park soundtrack album... commence shame: :oops:

D...

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
    12. Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah (Means I Love You) - Violent Femmes

I also have a compilation of the original themes, which means that my CD collection actually contains three different versions of the Josie song... I'm not sure whether to be proud of that, or deeply ashamed?
    You should be deeply ashamed for admitting to liking a Violent Femmes song.

Leave a comment:

• DeeCrowSeer
    replied
    Originally posted by Doc
    My sister's 9-year old daughter is staying with my wife and me for a few days. Maybe I can get HER to rent it for me... :D
    Well, I remember seeing a message board for the film aimed at parents, and some felt that there were a few slightly risque jokes which might make the film unsuitable for small children... make of that what you will. I think they're the sort of jokes which will go over a child's head, but some parents may be horrified to see a record company executive with a huge stash of cocaine on her desk! Made me laugh, but I don't have any young, innocent minds to shield.

I still remember being laughed at by the ticket seller when I went to see The Powerpuff Girls Movie, so I understand your hesitancy.

If it's any incentive, the cast do look incredibly cute throughout the movie, escpecilly Dawson and Cook... and Reid is actually quite sweet in this film, playing a "ditzy" blonde.

Originally posted by Berry
    This site gives you some clue to the cartoon I refer to. Furthermore, please note the giant flying space penis in the second photo.
    I love the idea of just suddenly deciding to put your characters into space. Like when they made that Happy Days cartoon, and decided to give them a time machine for no adequately explained reason. It sets a great precedent... if you ever run out of ideas for a story, just have everyone abducted by aliens or time travellers and taken on a wacky journey. Also, a shout-out has to go to those old "Scooby-Doo meets..." cartoons. Classics.

Originally posted by Berry
    But, please get a hold of Saturday Morning Cartoons cd cover collection. Some great bands cover the themes we Americans use as our internal soundtracks while be buy real estate.
    Got it. Love it! Mostly I bought it for The Ramones, but pretty much every track on there is a classic. Obviously some of the themes aren't familiar to me, but they're still pretty good. My faves are:

1. Tra la la Song (One Banana, Two Banana) - Material Issue
    11. Open Up Your Heart and Let the Sunshine In - Frente!
    12. Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah (Means I Love You) - Violent Femmes

I also have a compilation of the original themes, which means that my CD collection actually contains three different versions of the Josie song... I'm not sure whether to be proud of that, or deeply ashamed?

Thanks for the link Berry... although it has made me want to check out the comics. Darn you!

D...

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    Okay guys, you've outed another innocent viewer.

D: I never read the comic books, but I was raised by television and so have seen many episodes of the Hanna Barbarra classic cartoon. Here's the lyrics to the theme song:

Josie and the Pussycats
    Long tails and and ears for hats
    Guitars and sharps and flats
    Neat, sweet, a groovy song
    You're invited, come along.

Hurry, Hurry

See ya all in Persia
    Or maybe France
    We could be India
    Or perchance
    Be with us in Bangkok
    Make no difference
    Everywhere the actions at
    We're involved with this or that

Cone along now

Josie and the Pussycats
    No time for purrs and pats
    Won't run when they here scat
    There where the plot begins
    Come on and watch the good guys win
    Josie and the Pussycats
    Josie and the Pussycats.

This site gives you some clue to the cartoon I refer to. Furthermore, please note the giant flying space penis in the second photo.

http://members.aol.com/horemheb/josietv.htm

But, please get a hold of Saturday Morning Cartoons cd cover collection. Some great bands cover the themes we Americans use as our internal soundtracks while be buy real estate.

The following four tracks rock the fuck on:

5. Josie and the Pussycats - Tanya Donelly
    9. Spiderman - The Ramones
    10. Johnny Quest/Stop That Pigeon - The Reverend Horton Heat
    15. Friends/Sigmund And The Seamonsters - Tripping Daisy

Track 10 is outta sight!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...87814?v=glance

Leave a comment:

Working...
X