Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

MetallicA by Request SP 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MetallicA by Request SP 2014

Well, to be short, my brother is a Litenaunt in the shock tatics force, he usually covers concerts and football games and he usually gets concert tickets as courtesy. So, there was me watching MetallicA by request yesterday. Amazing concert, in front of the stage, wow.

Set list:

"Battery"
    "Master of puppets"
    "Sanitarium"
    "Fuel" ( crap song )
    "The unforgiven"
    "The lords of summer" ( new song superb)
    "Wherever I may roam"
    "Sad but true"
    "Fade to black"
    "...And justice for all"
    "One"
    "For whom the bell tolls"
    "Creeping death"
    "Nothing else matters"
    "Enter sandman" ( not a big a fan of )
    "Whiskey in the jar"
    "The day that never comes" ( from Death Magnetic but spectacular )
    "Seek and destroy"

Caught Raven as the open act! \m/

Many old school headbangers there but a few posers :-)

Excellent show!
    "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
    "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Great to hear! First show I saw of theirs was part of the Summer Sanitarium tour, waited through sets of Linkin Park, Deftones, Mudvayne, Limp Bizkit and by the time Metallica was up I had made it close to the edge. Was standing room crushing all around, I did eventually reach the front in time for Kirk to spit some sort of blue stuff on the front row, a younger fan's baptism of sorts. Later saw another show on another tour from farther away, but that time in seats; the person who got me the tickets as a birthday present said that after the standing-room business last time, she'd only agree to accompany me if we were in seats.
    Thick as wind-blown leaves innumerable, since 1985

Comment

Might have been a pain to have to hear all those bands ! I saw MetallicA back in 1989, in their And Justice For All Tour, a more than perfect thrash metal concert!
      "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
      "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Working...
      X