Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

Granbretan League 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks again, EA! Yessirs, I'm somewhat less than sanguine about the initial line up, given that 1/5th of The Argzoon's total worth (as represented by 2 midfielders) sat on the bench this weekend.

& not a good start for Newcastle today. Yeesh! They've picked up right where they left off in May.

Comment

• I'm pleased with WHU's start to the season... a win at Newcastle would have been nice, but it's a tough place to play (the toughest outside the Cop? discuss?), so it's a good result.

@thing: I see a sudden descent on the cards for dear Lockdon...
      forum

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
      2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
      3. a public meeting place for open discussion

Comment

• Yep, I hope West Ham does well. They've been fun to watch since they made the surge to return into the EPL. Wish I could've seen the Cardiff City game today; from the highlights it looked like they were able to draw Hart far out from the goal quite often. There seems to be some fire in them, too.

Comment

• Yeah i have been impressed with the hammers since Sam Allardyce took over as manager.He's one of those old school 'take no shit' bosses that usually always gets a good team together.

Well its not been a great start for The Rovers but hopefully one of the owners inventions will get patented before the transfer window closes!
          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• The points are still fairly close from top to bottom... it might take weeks for things to settle yet...

Yeah, I really respect Big Sam. I think what he did at Bolton was amazing and he didn't get the respect he deserved for it. Not only is he an old school style manager, but he's also a great understander of the modern game. Like Mourinho he took on the (back then) new statistical analysis of the game and used meta-tactics to, in effect, break the game... Now they all do it, of course, so advantage is lost, but I think he's still a top manager. I think he's really added some steel to the Hammers and on a relative budget too. I know some of the WHU faithful despise him, but frankly WHU fans are some of the most deluded fuckwits in football fandom. And that's saying something! :)

For the life of me I can't understand why Arsenal haven't thrown a load of money at Wenger and say "Buy whoever you want!" I think this season could be wide open at the top with so many new managers at all their rivals... but they seem scared to spend. I think Chelsea could be my pick of the season now... depending upon the Van Persie effect, of course!
            Last edited by The English Assassin; 09-03-2013, 07:31 AM. Reason: typo
            forum

Comment

• Yeah i wonder whats really going on at The Emirates just now.They cant be that skint because they haven't spent anything for a while and i reckon they could be one of the favourites with a better front line.
              You're right early days though.
              I'm liking the look of Liverpool at the minute as dark horses especially when Saurez comes back.
              "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Good calls on Arsenal: that Ozil/Viviano combo cost them plenty but could well be worth the price. You all also might've seen something like this already, but here's a nice summary of recent EPL transfers organized into a team-by-team list:

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfc...d/9195?cc=5901

And I hope Altidore, whose hamstring seems OK for Mexico, continues to get a fair amount of playing time at Sunderland: the US men's team could benefit from his experience down the road, especially while Dempsey's primary gig is on the west coast.

Comment

• Interesting link re transfers there, Guzzlecrank

Well, my promise to myself not to over tinker lasted two weeks with a double transfer!! In fairness with Mata not playing (for some reason) that seemed just like too much money sitting on the sidelines doing sweet FA, so I thought I better move him out...

I know it's early days, but this looks like it could be a close season!
                  forum

Comment

Working...
                  X