Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Drizzit-Vs-Elric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gandalf kills the Balrog, but what else does he do? Not much! I'll back Stormbringer over Glamdring any day.

Raistlin, he's Mr. Weakboy, too. Elric has his drugs to fortify him.

The only challenge would be Elminster. And that only because he's a demi-god or close to it. (nice to be a DM's Character)

DM's Character vs. Author's Character . . .

100 quatloos on Elric
    Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

Never thought about having the two fight, however I could see it. It is clearly expressed that Elric is not "Good" even tho Elric partakes on several benevolent quests, he still worships and evil deity. Do you think that Drizzt would get along with a knight of Cyric? I think not. However I digress comparing Cyric to Arioch or Elric to a simple (un)holy knight. As for the duel? I can't say that one would win over the other, I've seen Drizzt's stats in FRCS sourcebook... rather pathetic honestly... My bids would go for Elric aswell...

Comment

Drizz't Du Ourden or Elric to win in a fight.

I dont know Roland from the Dark Tower books. Didnt like the look of them.

But i bet either of them would slaughter him.

Would be a wicked team up wouldnt it.

Comment

Originally posted by yolanda
          Drizz't Du Ourden or Elric to win in a fight.

I dont know Roland from the Dark Tower books. Didnt like the look of them.

But i bet either of them would slaughter him.

Would be a wicked team up wouldnt it.
          Elric would have to call apon the aid of Arioc to win this battle.
          He may be an Eternal Champion but few could match sword play with Drizzt.

Comment

Given the right circumstances (mainly range), Roland would decimate both Elric and Drizzt before they could reach him (unless they had some type of protection vs missile type weapons active). Close range, it would be a bit of a toss-up...he's fast, but maybe not fast enough for spells and magic blades, but damn he's fast.
            Last edited by thyrm; 01-15-2007, 12:44 PM.

Comment

If Drizzt and Elric fought, Stormbringer wins (Stormbringer trumps everything). If they teamed up, Stormbringer would suddenly cut Drizzt in half either during, or just after the climactic battle.

Comment

Originally posted by thyrm
                Given the right circumstances (mainly range), Roland would decimate both Elric and Drizzt before they could reach him (unless they had some type of protection vs missile type weapons active). Close range, it would be a bit of a toss-up...he's fast, but maybe not fast enough for spells and magic blades, but damn he's fast.
                No Im thinking Elric would kill Roland then accidentally kill Drizzit while in some enraged/possesed state of mind....

Comment

Originally posted by Rackhir
                  No Im thinking Elric would kill Roland then accidentally kill Drizzit while in some enraged/possesed state of mind....
                  Stormbringer would kill them all regardless anyway. It is sentient remember.
                  _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                  _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                  _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                  _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
                    Stormbringer would kill them all regardless anyway. It is sentient remember.
                    True end of Stormbringer proves it, so I guess Stormbringer wins, he wasn't even in the original bout. hahahaha

Comment

Elric and Drizzt would trash Roland and then end up fighting or be friends.
                      Be interesting conversations between them.

If they fought Drizzt might end up fighitng Stormbringer if Elric got defeated.

Comment

I kind of always perceived Drizz't as being a knock off of Elric, with the brooding dark hero thing with an inverted skin tone (Heck even Jerry Cornelius looked like drow in one of his incarnations before there were drow). I try not to compare the two, it would be kind of like pitting Plastic Man against Elongated Man, the latter of whom was created because DC was unaware at the time they owned the rights to the former.

Elric and Roland Deschains would be an interesting combination, though.
                        Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

Elongated Man would kick Plastic Man ass any day while Wicker Sue watched.
                          I've been a Forgotten Realms "Fan Boy" seems the "Grey Box" long before I ever even know Mikes name and I cant help but think Elric and the rest of the Moorcock click would leave Faerun a dieing ball of dust.
                          Last edited by Mr. Coyote; 08-15-2008, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X