Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Drizzit-Vs-Elric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drizzit-Vs-Elric

Now, for anyone whose read any Drizzit books how do you think a elric Drizzit fight would turn out. My boyfriend is a Drizzit fanboy and I told him that Elric would own Drizzit but they would actually make a good team-up. But Elric would probably end up killing him accidentally "whoops..sorry 'bout that..soul sucking sword and all" So Drizzit would probably die anyway.

Any thoughts?

Hm. This is an interesting team up. I am a fan of both Drizzt Do'Urden and Elric of Melnibone, so this would be an intersting thing to see.
    I don't know if Elric would kill Drizzt, that all depends on how close they get. I figure that they'd just kill some baddy and go to there respective planes.
    Know, a fight I'd like to see is Elric vs Roland of Stephen King's Dark Tower fame. Personally, I think they both end up killing each other. Elric kills Roland sucking his soul for energy and Roland shoots him because he's between him and the Dark Tower. This leaves Drizzt alone wondering what just happened.
    God, I hope you people are familiar with the Dark Tower series.

Comment

Heh..heh I'm just imagining Drizzit standing there like okay.....step away from the dead body.

Comment

Yeah. That would be interesting. By the way, saw your idea for Elric as a halloween costume. I was going to do that but I ran out of time.

Comment

Yeah. we had a holoween dance at my college and I just thought it would be funny to have Elric dancing. I was in one of those break dance circles with everyone chanting..
          "Go elric it's your birthday. we're gonna party like its your birthday"
          I had to explain who I was at first because everybody thought I was an old elf lady.

Comment

Man, people mistaking Elric for an old elf lady. I mean, I figure Moorcock is less known then Tolkein. (Only makes him cooler anyway), but imagine if that actually happened to Elric. Like, if he feel into some demensional hole and found himself in that situation.

Comment

Call me an old lady again and i'll take your soul!!!

Yeah, try calling Elric an old lady to his face and see what happens.
              My bf kept laughing because my personality is so different from Elrics and I was whining about being called an old lady. Eventually I chased him around the dining hall waving my sword over my head and then pretended to kill him.He talked me into doing it because they wanted to see the cafeteria ladies faces.It was priceless untill they made fun of him for being killed by an old lady.
              One student said he wished his grandma was as cool as me.
              I was pissed by that point and I told him I was not an old lady but an albino prince.
              "Al-what-o?"
              "Albino."
              "what????"
              "READ A BOOK DAMMIT"

Comment

sigh. Kids need to read more.

Comment

In addition to Elric, I am also a fan of Drizzt and Roland. A team up with either of them would be very cool. I would take Elric over Drizzt due to the Stormbringer factor and Elric's magic. I cannot come up with a good reason they would fight, though.

Maybe we can come up with an Eternal Gunslinger series.

Lee

Comment

I plan on writing a fantasy-western inspired a bit by the Dark Tower. It's about these two guys who are greatly wronged by this real bitch of a goddess and their mission to kill her. It's based of of a D&D campaign a freind and me never finished. I'm not going into much more as I am afraid someone will steal the idea.

Comment

Sounds great. Good luck with the project.

Comment

I'll tell you guys when it comes out.

Comment

Good luck. I'd love to read it when your done.

Comment

A team up between the two would be awesome, but in a fight betwixt 'em, Stormbringer would be sucking Drow soul before Drizzt could 'snap' his scimitars out of their scabbards.
                            Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

LOL!
                              This whole thing reminds me a thread I started in another forum about the best wizard/sorcerer/magician...
                              Elric against Gandalf,Elminster,Raistlin,Pag etc etc!

(Maybe we should make something like that here,too?)

Comment

Working...
                              X