Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Alexei Panshin Group Read @ Science Fiction in Oct.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexei Panshin Group Read @ Science Fiction in Oct.

This October, we invite you join us at Science Fiction as we read and discuss Alexei Panshin's Nebula-winning novel, RITE OF PASSAGE.

While it isn't the best-known Nebula-winning novel, it has an added significance in the genre above its own merits, as a sort of rejoinder to certain aspects of SF legend Robert A Heinlein's own juvenile fiction. As it is, though, RITE OF PASSAGE is a memorable coming-of-age novel that can be read and debated on its own merits as well - some readers, for instance, are less than comfortable with certain political decisions taken in the latter section of the novel, while others praise the book's characterisation, especially in the form the narrator and protagonist, young Mia Havero. Judge for yourself, and let us know what you think!

Please do join the discussion at any time during the month in our Alexei Panshin thread!
    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

i remember reading this book with much pleasure .......

It is true that the end is not an happy end .....

but teenage is not an happy age

Comment

We'd love if you came over and shared your insights, even if they amount to recollections.
      My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Working...
      X