Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Author August 2006 at Science Fiction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Author August 2006 at Science Fiction!

And this would be the Official Announcement of this years Authors and how to participate!:

8/2006 is AUTHOR AUGUST at Science Fiction!

This is a message from the Science Fiction community administrators:

For the second year in a row, each and every day in August, the Science Fiction EzBoard will be spotlighting a different sf author in the Books & Authors forum.

On the day each author is featured, you are encouraged to post something about them, anything really, in the appropriate topic thread. You need not have already read the author(s) to participate!

If you have read something by them, you might give a brief review, or you could research a link if the author is new to you. You are of course free to comment additionaly on the authors once their special day has passed as well. The whole idea behind this event is to generate discussion, after all.

After an exciting open nomination process, this year's AUTHOR AUGUST is looking like this:

8/1 Robert Sheckley
    8/2 Eric Frank Russell
    8/3 Stanislaw Lem
    8/4 M. John Harrison
    8/5 Nevil Shute
    8/6 Piers Anthony (actual birthday!)
    8/7 Jerry Pournelle (actual birthday!)
    8/8 Larry Niven (conveniently following his buddy Jerry)
    8/9 Daniel Keyes (actual birthday!)
    8/10 Peter David
    8/11 Iain M. Banks
    8/12 John Scalzi
    8/13 Octavia Butler
    8/14 Nick Sagan
    8/15 John Brunner
    8/16 Hugo Gernsback (actual birthday!)
    8/17 Alastair Reynolds
    8/18 Brian W. Aldiss (actual birthday!)
    8/19 Gordon R. Dickson
    8/20 H. P. Lovecraft (actual birthday!)
    8/21 Greg Bear (day after birthday)
    8/22 Alexie Panshin
    8/23 L. Sprague de Camp
    8/24 Orson Scott Card (actual birthday!)
    8/25 Justina Robson
    8/26 Harry Harison
    8/27 Joanna Russ
    8/28 Kurt Vonnegut
    8/29 Keith Roberts
    8/30 Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley (actual birthday!)
    8/31 Edmond Hamilton

A wide range of authors, from the golden age and before to the latest hot properties. We promise cover scans, reviews, general insight and comments, and we hope you'll drop by and join us...
    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

We're kicking off the exciting month tomorrow with Robert Sheckley! Even if you aren't familiar with his writing you will undoubtedly have seen one of the Twilight Zone episodes he scripted. Sadly we just lost him this past year, so stop in and pay tribute. Newbies and old hats equally welcome!
    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

August 7th marks Jerry Pournelle's 73rd birthday, and is a perfect opportunity to join in the fun at Author August 2006!

Comment

August 13th we're celebrating Octavia Butler, who of course we sadly lost in April of this year. Of course you can still catch up on the other authors as well!

Comment

August 16th marks the 122nd birthday of the arguable father of science fiction Hugo Gernsback. We're celebrating this momentus occasion as part of our Author August 2004 at the Science Fiction EZ Board, and it's a great day to jump into the fun! Why not visit all of the threads for authors celebrated this month so far?
          Last edited by David Mosley; 08-16-2006, 12:27 AM.

Comment

August 24th marks the actual birthday of the ever controversial Orson Scott Card. Love him, or hate him, or some point in between, we'd love to hear what you have to say over at the The Science Fiction EZ Board as part of our Author August 2006 celebration. Feel free to take a few moments and post about the other authors too!

Comment

Yes, we're nearing the end of the month, but we'll still take posts in the author threads afterwards of course. What's more, we're ending with a special 209th Birhtday topic for Mary Shelley!] Many argue that Frankenstein was the very first science fiction novel, so please come pay tribute to it's creator!

Comment

Working...
              X