Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Coolest best and toughest scfi and film characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolest best and toughest scfi and film characters

Whicch fantasy aand scifi book game tv film etc character would beat the rest? I think jak and daxter or rachet and clank. Or dante from devil may cry, Or the female fromdmc2 , i havent seen that game yet. Or Sparrhawk from the elenium, D eddings. Or Drizzd durdon , gonna get those books some day.

Yo Yolanda:

My money's on Nemesis the Warlock, Galactus (although the Fantastic Four and the Watcher got him under control after much effort), Zeus, Milton's God, and the Hulk.

Comment

Just off the top of my head:

Una Persson
      Guy Gardner (the one, true Green Lantern of Earth)
      Ash (of Evil Dead fame)
      Scud, the disposable assassin
      Buttercup, the Powerpuff Girl

Now there's a team-up I'd like to see! :D

D...
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Silver hand Corum, Miller's Batman, Toshiro Mifune (as pretty much any character), Kali, and Spider Jerusalem.

Comment

GRIMJACK

"I bust people out of prison, hunt down vampires, fight alien gods - all the fun jobs people are too sqeamish or too polite to do themselves.
          Call me a mercenary. Call me an assassin. Call me a villian. I am all that and more."

:twisted:

TL

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
            Buttercup, the Powerpuff Girl
            I want to see Buttercup take on Galactus! (I think she'd take him :) )

Of course, everyone knows that Una Persson is the coolest female fantasy character.

Comment

Grim Jack?! What about Dynamo Joe?

And I think Miller sadly ruined his Dark Knight with a very ugly looking sequel. Utter crap. But while we are in the DC universe:

Etrigan!

"Change, change, the form of man! Free the prince forever damned!
              Release the might from fleshy mire! Boil the blood in heart of fire!
              Gone, gone, the form of man! Arise the Demon --- Etrigan!"

It's widely known that Kirby based his character's appearance on a "demon" impersonated by Prince Valiant in a 1937-38 sequence of Val's King Features series. Val made his demon mask out of a goose's skin, with the bird's quills functioning as tusks and its webbed feet as ears.

You can't compete with a guy with a goose skin on his head!

On the female side of things, how about Hela:

Comment

[quote="krunky"]Grim Jack?! What about Dynamo Joe?

And I think Miller sadly ruined his Dark Knight with a very ugly looking sequel. Utter crap. But while we are in the DC universe:

Etrigan!

"Change, change, the form of man! Free the prince forever damned!
                Release the might from fleshy mire! Boil the blood in heart of fire!
                Gone, gone, the form of man! Arise the Demon --- Etrigan!"

It's widely known that Kirby based his character's appearance on a "demon" impersonated by Prince Valiant in a 1937-38 sequence of Val's King Features series. Val made his demon mask out of a goose's skin, with the bird's quills functioning as tusks and its webbed feet as ears.

You can't compete with a guy with a goose skin on his head!

Hal Foster had a scary thing going there. 8O Leave it to Jack Kirby to improve on that, and create one of the coolest/baddest characters in the DC Universe since Darkseid. Wait, Kirby created him too. Say no more!

Dynamo Joe and most of the First Comics characters are clearly in a class of their own. At least John Ostrander & Tim Truman have won back the rights to Grimjack.
                It may not be too long before The Rock says: "Finally, Grimjack has come back to comics!"
                Well, he may not say that. But if he does, that's cool, too! 8)

TL

Comment

Jesse Custer from "The Preacher," or Dream and/or Death from Neil Gaiman's "Sandman." At least for comics...or, I could add...damnit! What was his name? Dr. Atom? from the Watchmen.

Drizzt Du'Urden (from R.A. Salvatore's on going Forgoten Realms Series) is good, but I think there are alot of other characters that good defeat him, including some of the Realms' own, such as Elminister or any of the Seven Sisters. Plus, sticking with the D&D universe theme for this one, you have to pull into account Raistlin Majere/Fistandantilus from Dragonlance. Then, of course, there's the classics like Bigby, Mordenkainin (Sp?), Nystul, and Melf. Overall, though, I'd have to say the Lady of Pain. Even the God's fear her.

In toe-to-toe melee, cross genre and mythos, I'd have to say Seijuro Hiko from the Manga and Anime Rurouni Kenshin.
                  "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                  --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
                    I want to see Buttercup take on Galactus! (I think she'd take him :) )
                    Well, she'd certainly beat him in a game of tag... if only because he'd have more trouble finding places to hide. :D

D...
                    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Ron Jeremy. He's a film character
                      \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
                      Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

No Jerico! 8O

Not Ron Jeremy!

Not "The Hedgehog"!!

Oh, you've done it now... :(

Comment

:lol: The most powerful member of the business.
                          \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"

Comment

Wow, what a low blow!

BTW, Jer - how's the business?

=)

Comment

I dunno. I'm just starting to become curious
                              about business, but not THE business.
                              Is that what you're asking?
                              I couldn't be a member of THE anyway.
                              You have to have a significant member to
                              be a member of THE business, so...
                              I dunno about any low blows going on.
                              I think Ron Jeremy is a super hero.
                              Isn't there a movie called Ron Jeremy Superstar?
                              That's the only reason I felt compelled
                              to post in this greatest character thread.
                              Ron Jeremy and Marshall Law are the greatest heroes.

I feel as strongly about this, just as I am that John Saxon should
                              be cast in Elric, and so should Judith Light. Just as I think
                              Wesley Willis would have been great for the musical score.

http://www.monzy.org/wesley/

Galactus hasn't even been put on the silver screen yet.
                              Power Puff girls came first! Garfield will be also.
                              Teenage Mutan Ninja Turtles. Cat in the Hat. Harry Potter.
                              Riddick.
                              Where's Galactus? There, that's a low blow!
                              What Conan would say...
                              As he said "I laugh at your Four Winds, Subatai!"
                              He would say, "I laugh at your Galactus with his
                              giant vacuum cleaner... Crom eez da best!"

________________________-
                              "Yes. I'd like to try the polska kielbasa," she said.

kielآ·baآ·sa Pronunciation (kl-bأ¤s, kl-)
                              n.
                              A spicy smoked Polish sausage.

http://www.markmaynard.com/2003_08_0...d_archive.html

Comment

Working...
                              X