Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Biggest, Baddest, Freshest Thing You Got

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Biggest, Baddest, Freshest Thing You Got

The Biggest, Baddest, Freshest Thing You Got: Why Should We Read Reissued Genre Fiction Classics?

Unearthed classics like Michael Moorcock’s History of the Runestaff saga (The Jewel in the Skull, The Mad God's Amulet, the recently released The Sword of the Dawn, and the forthcoming The Runestaff) may not be considered “fresh” like the newest styles in Adidas footwear but they are timeless. When I heard last year that Tor Books would be reissuing all four adventure fantasy novels featuring Dorian Hawkmoon in 2010, I literally jumped for joy. Originally published in the late 1960’s, I read these novels when I was a kid and I couldn’t wait to revisit Moorcock’s realm of swords and sorcery and alternate realities replete with nightmarish monstrosities, evil empires, mysterious paladins, and nonstop action and adventure. I was so excited that I decided to feature the first few Runestaff releases on BarnesandNoble.com’s Fantasy & Science Fiction forum—and found out that the majority of readers apparently look upon reissued genre fiction works with the same stigma that I once did.
    Unabashedly Bookish: The BN Community
    Last edited by David Mosley; 08-25-2010, 12:01 PM.
Working...
X