Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Any NeverWinter Nights Players around here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any NeverWinter Nights Players around here?

If you have access to NWN you may be interested in a Corum and Elric inspired persistent world I've been running since last august. It's a good group of roleplayers and we get together most nights during the weekend (9pm PST) or abouts for a DM'd event or 3. The server goes by the name "Dreamlands" and also has some HP Lovecraft stuff thrown in for fun :twisted: . We can be found in the roleplay section on gamespy.

It'd be great to have more people who are Moorcock fans playing in the mod. You can check out our guild website at http://itsa.ucsf.edu/~jkealy/NWN/. I'd be more than happy to answer anyone's questions on these forums....

(Note to the moderators... I wasn't sure where this fit in. I've been using chaosiums Elric and Corum materials as inspirations for a lot of the stuff in the mod so I thought it made sense in this forum... feel free to move it somewhere else if that makes sense :D )

Hi Usheen, I'm a bit of a fan of this game. Currently I'm taking a monk through the Underdark expansion. It has a huge fanbase, and the amount of user created material for it is staggering to me. I've never played on-line with others but if I ever get time (time is the big barrier for me) I'll give it a try. Funny thing is I was over at the IGN NWVault only four hours ago and checked out your link from there as I saw the Elric themed stuff mentioned. As soon as I clicked your link here too a familiar page appeared before my eyes, I was surprised to see the same site I'd checked out from the NWVault. :lol: The map looks to be created with the CIV3 editor, looks cool, and the screenshots look promising.

Well if I ever get started up on-line with NWN your persistent world will be the first one I'll try.

Good luck, and maybe see you over there. :)

Comment

This is Thanos, too lazy to sign on, stealing comp for very short time from girlfriend... am an NWN addict. Have all expansion packs and avidly await more.

Thanos

Comment

I read recently that the company that have the rights (can't remember their name, Atari?) are planning on a BG3 and NWN2 as well. So good news for fans. Thanos have you tried www.nwvault.ign.com - a vast resource for xtra modules and game mods for NWN. The number of fan created modules is staggering and the best of them are just as good as the official stuff.

Comment

For those of you interested

The server I run is weekend only. It should be online tonight sometime between 7 and 9pm PST (GMT -8). Then we keep it up all weekend. Got a wierd murder mystery thing running tonight. Should be another DM'd event this weekend as well.

I intend to run an introductory event next weekend. This event will be loosely (very loosely) based on RH Howard's "Worms of the Earth".

In addition we are working on an introduction to the mod which was inspired by "The Warhound and the Worlds Pain".

The IP address for the server is 128.218.80.246

You can find us in the roleplay section of gamespy.

And we've got a couple of folks who are on GMT who are on the server a lot....

Comment

Usheen I'm going to try connecting up for the introductory weekend if I can. Like to give this a try. Howard and Moorcock inspired mods sound very tempting. Will check out at Gamespy. I'll have to configure my gaming machine for broadband internet access as currently it's only running on 56k. Is it possible to have a reasonable game of on-line NWN at 56k? How do the player communicate while on line, in-game chat or voice over IP. Sorry about questions. I'm a total on-line newb.

Thanos, if you have time it would be cool to meet you on-line and in-game.

Comment

Unfortunately I can't.

The modem on my laptop is still down and even if it did work, I don't have my own internet connection nor do I have a phone line at home. My girlfriend and I live about 5 minutes away from her parents and are always over at their house. I use their internet and their computer. I'd have to install the game onto their comp. It wouldn't be too much of a problem but there are 5 other people who use this computer regularly. I can rarely be on for more than an hour (and I don't get to pick when that hour is, totally random).

Thanos

Comment

I can sympathise with the probs Thanos. It was a bit like that for me before I got the broadband. Now I take it for granted that I can connect up whenever I choose, forgetting what it was once like to have to ration access.

Comment

Grey Mouser,

Some of our users are on 56K and I haven't heard about problems. The one thing I would suggest is downloading the CEP (community expansion pack) befor the weekend. It's a large download and will take a long time on 56k. I can bring the server up for you with an old (non-CEP) version of the mod if you'd like to check out weather the lag is unbearable before going to the trouble of doing a 7 meg download....

Cheers,

Usheen

Comment

By a stroke of luck Usheen I installed the CEP recently. I'll try this weekend to connect up. :)

Comment

Excellent

See you online soon then. The server should be up any minute. The DM's log on around 8:30 - 9:00 PST. It might be worth your while to check out the server and the world before the regulars arrive...

Cheers,

Usheen

Comment

Usheen, it turned out a little more complicated than I initially thought. I was unable to find Dreamlands at Gamespy, but have signed up over at Nwvault and have found your guild there. I'll post a message over there soon asking for newb advice on how to connect etc.

Comment

Have you got a bioware guild account? That is where we do most of our guild bussiness. I can guild you through the process of logging in some evening if you like. We are going to be doing some testing this evening which you are welcome to join in.

The easiest way to get access will be to use the server's IP address which I noted above.

Comment

I signed up with an ID and a guild profile but have not yet submitted a request to join the Dreamlands guild. I'll do that at the weekend and, following your advice, you can guide me from there. I guess I'm just finding my way for the first time with this on-line stuff.

Comment

Let's get a window figure out in GMT that works for both you and me since I'm in California that's about a 7 hour diff...

Cheers,

JK

Comment

Working...
                              X